Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

big brake kit question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xDCx will become famous soon enoughxDCx will become famous soon enough
big brake kit question

i'll be looking to upgrade stopping power after gettin 19" wheels. whats the best brake kit out there, budget is $800 if anyone has some insight let me know...I like the wilwood for the price. would like to find a deal (new/used)since i'll be droppin nearly $3k total by summertime and get as much done as i can before i move to my new apt

anyone with experience or with 19" and a big brake kit or anybody with a kit for sale let me know please thanks
Old 03-09-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Improve stopping power as in what? Shorter 60-0 Distances or are you running in to brake fade (as in you need higher thermal capacity)?
Old 03-09-2007
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
If you do do your research on the BIG brake kit with the 7thgen civic you will find out that the BBK is not needed. Here are some articles that Zzyzx gave me to read before I got my Wilwoods. Click on the links in the quote below...

Tires are the key to stopping the car better/quicker. Yeah upgrading pads, rotors, stainless steel lines, and brake fluid may help a little too. IMO the bbk's fills in the larger wheels and look awesome!

A member named "rijowysock" has had 19" wheels with the Wilwood application. You can PM him with any questions or if he had any problems. Also Zzyzx and Boilermaker are pretty much the experts to go to. Right know I have 18"'s but this summer (if everything goes right) I will have 19"'s and then I’ll be in the same set up as you maybe.
Old 03-10-2007
Registered!!

xDCx will become famous soon enoughxDCx will become famous soon enough
thanks for the info, i'll take a look into that, im buying 19" Racinghart C4 from rijowysock I bought a couple items from him before. (now after reading) i feel more comfortable buying them knowing bbk can come later.

still if anybody knows bbk for sale PM me please
Old 03-10-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. Good info. Makes me think twice now before dropping 600 bones on that Wilwood kit from Summit. +1 for you man!

Too bad the folks that wrote the articles (STOPTECH) don't make a BBK for the 7th gen. Bastards....
Old 03-11-2007
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CivicRidaz1
thanks for the info, i'll take a look into that, im buying 19" Racinghart C4 from rijowysock I bought a couple items from him before. (now after reading) i feel more comfortable buying them knowing bbk can come later.

still if anybody knows bbk for sale PM me please
I'm glad someone finally took up on that awesome sale of his. I was tempted to buy them but I want colored wheels instead of the traditional silver. But if my car wasn't black I would have jump on those in a heartbeat! Take pics when you get them. Good Luck bro!
Old 01-23-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: big brake kit question

Because it's worth a bump for those folks thinking about a BBK.
Old 02-05-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: big brake kit question

Wow, I was completely convinced that I should get a big brake kit till I read those articles.

So then what do you do for better stopping power? Aftermarket, OEM sized rotors? Aftermarket pads? Brake lines? Now, getting upgraded brakes doesn't seem so far away.