Where does this plug in!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chsmith417 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where does this plug in!?

Hey guys, im hoping someone can help me solve this mystery! I just got done doing a head gasket (and a laundry list of other things) on my 02 EX and i have everything put back together and plugged in but i have this random pigtail that I cant seem to find a home for... Its just to the right of the radiator up above the drier...

Old 09-09-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Where does this plug in!?

First thought is that’s supposed to plug into the cooling fan right next to it, which is way at the bottom hence you can’t see the other connector.
Old 09-09-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

That was my initial thought, too, but the fan connectors are wider than that. Not gonna lie, I've taken that engine apart many times and I don't readily recognize that connector. Now it's gonna bug me. lol
Old 09-09-2018
Registered!!

Cooling fans are plugged in and working... Im telling you guys, ive dragged that plug every which way, there is notging in reach!
Old 09-09-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked through every honda diagram, looked at images of sensors/electrical plugs in that engine bay, DIY videos on youtube for things in that area.. I have not been able to identify it

Closest match was the power steering pressure switch, but your connector has an extra "wing" on it, and the pins don't sit in the same orientation as your mystery plug, so that's ruled out.
Old 09-09-2018
Registered!!

Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Does the horn work?
Old 09-09-2018
Administrator
Administrator

horn's a different shape connector, too. It's more square-ish
Old 09-09-2018
Registered!!

Final thought then would be factory harness connector for fog lights..
Old 09-09-2018
Registered!!

I like the fog light idea.. It doesnt seem like anything is being effected.. I suppose I'll just let her ride for now... Thanks guys!
Old 09-09-2018
Administrator
Administrator

Nah, factory fog terminal is a different shape, too. Much akin to the turn signal harness. That, and it'd be on it's own harness.

If nothing's being affected, drive on, and keep an eye out for CELs or odd feelings while driving. Or wait until you have that "well, ****, that's what it is" moment. lol

It's still gonna bug the crap out of me. Just saying. lol
Old 09-10-2018
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point

AC blow ok?
Old 09-11-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,848 Likes on 1,300 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I believe I have solved the mystery, A/C drier connector. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is a pressure sensor.

Last edited by BrotatoChip; 09-12-2018 at 09:09 AM.