Hatch back lock broken

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WoozyBigfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Hatch back lock broken

So I bought this car recently about a month ago and the hatch back doesn't open it's either locked and won't unlock. Or something I'm hoping to get some help with this. I pull the handle and nothing happens so that's detached from the levers in side the door and neither of my keys will go I. The lock cylinder let alone unlock it. There is no pop truck lever or button.
This is as far as I can get the key in the cylinder
Side veiw
Old 09-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hatch back lock broken

Squirt penetrating oil into that lock cylinder and give it a little time to soak in

Remove trims from door sill and levers, see if you can work the cable manually?

Fold down rear seat, access the latch or linkage from inside (may require removing trims or entire panels from the tailgate, IDK what is there to work with)
Old 09-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WoozyBigfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

I squirt penetrating oil in there it honestly feels like someone tried to smash the pins to break into it and I can't even get the hatch open at all to remove any of the plastics from inside and I'm not sure what triks your talking about on the outside .the plastic with the Honda symbol on it?
Old 09-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

If you pull apart your drivers side sill plate and get access to the cable that goes to the trunk you might be able to manually push the cable to pop open the hatch.

Can always get a dremel and cut the interior plastic to make a access to back side of the latch..

Swing by a junkyard to get replacement piece of trim if your concerned, else stuff a stuffed panda or something in the hole..

Old 09-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WoozyBigfoot
I squirt penetrating oil in there it honestly feels like someone tried to smash the pins to
It's quite possible, some people try to force and consequently ruin things as a result. Try penetrating oil anyway, maybe it's just stuck from lack of use and you will get lucky. (this is really a common issue in locks that aren't frequently used)

I can't even get the hatch open at all to remove any of the plastics from inside
I'm well aware you can't get it open. That's why I said you might need to fold the back seat down and do some work remove the panel from the tailgate. You have to reach the latch or linkages somehow, and most sane people wont want to chop holes through the exterior of the body.
and I'm not sure what triks your talking about on the outside .the plastic with the Honda symbol on it?
I never said 'outside'. The way to get at anything inside the door is through the interior.

Can always get a dremel and cut the interior plastic to make a access to back side of the latch..
I like this idea. Plan ahead LOL