1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

help identify 'heater inlet hose' for installing coolant flush Tee?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
voxleo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question help identify 'heater inlet hose' for installing coolant flush Tee?

'heater inlet hose' for installing coolant flush Tee?
Okay the picture on the back of this kit looks nothing like what's under the hood of my 95 civic ex coupe (MT). Am trying to do a coolant flush to get the rest of the crap out of the engine block after radiator rusted through and leaked, but I am not certain which of these is the "heater inlet hose" as termed on the instructions of the flush kit.:

"Two heater hoses extend from the fire wall to the engine ..Hose #1 runs fire wall to water pump, Hose#2 runs from fire wall to top of engine. This is the heater inlet hose."

Both of the hoses I see appear to go to the side and neither seems to go to the pump or to the the top so I'd like to confirm that I've got the right one before I go and make a mess. Here's the diagram from the service manual that colored for ease of reference - the red and blue the heater hoses and the yellow is the lower radiator hose which goes to the thermostat housing along with the red hose labeled "A". The blue "B" hose connects to ?? (is this a pipe that leads to water pump??):

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/209/capture.JPG

Sooo- Is it correct to call the red "A" hose to the thermostat the one they refer to as #2 and as the inlet hose at the top of the engine? and the blue hose "B" as their "hose #1 runs fire wall to water pump"?

The kit directions say to install the Tee into a "straight portion of the inlet hose, away from hot exhaust system" which I take to mean I should put in on the smaller red hose "A" somewhere between the firewall and the thermostat housing.

Is this correct?

Thanks for any help on this...
Old 07-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: help identify 'heater inlet hose' for installing coolant flush Tee?

B is the inlet hose
Old 07-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
voxleo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!

(and btw, the link in your sig is dead... Or rather the link is live, but it's only an index of links that are all dead. So it isn't that useful to link to ... )
Old 07-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by voxleo
(and btw, the link in your sig is dead... Or rather the link is live, but it's only an index of links that are all dead. So it isn't that useful to link to ... )
Thanks