6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

EX rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock_ex is an unknown quantity at this point
EX rough idle

The problems continue. I have this issue with my EX idling roughly. Yesterday, I was sitting at a red light and the rpm went down to 0 and shut off. Twice at the same light. So I put it in neutral whenever I was stopped at the engine and revved so I could keep it alive until I got home which was two miles away. I did a little research on it last night and i found some threads on this issue that recommended replacing the throttle body. I wasn't too sure if that was the issue and I don't want to go around changing parts that don't need to be changed. I continue to have a misfire code and I have my suspicions with one of the injectors clogged on the fuel filter but again, they are only suspicions. Anyone have any suggestions or have the same problem? I don't even know if these problems are connected in someway.
Old 02-21-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EX rough idle

I continue to have a misfire code
Figure this out first

It's not caused by the throttle body.

Compression test?
Old 02-21-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EX rough idle

Wait wait wait......

Originally Posted by stock_ex
I had an issue a little while ago where I thought the alternator took a ****, so I replaced it. Then the car didnt start at all. So I managed to get a tow and they ended up replacing the ignition system and then the car started and ran find.
Does it still set misfire codes now that this has been done?
What exactly does this "ignition system" entail?