6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

RSX driver seats into 96 DX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teahou is an unknown quantity at this point
RSX driver seats into 96 DX Sedan

I figured there would be a ton of posts on this already, but I only found a couple (probably I suck at searching) so I am posting.

I have a 96 DX sedan and I hate the driver seat, because I am an old fat bastard with a bad back, and I drive 2 hours a day. I have been looking around for a new driver seat and found a guy selling the front seats out of a 2005 RSX, so I was wondering how much, if any, modifications I would need to do, to get the driver side to install.

I should note that I don't have to have the RSX seats, if you think a different seat would work better, please let me know. I can't really afford an $800 Recaro right now, so I am looking for something affordable but comfortable. I sat in my son-in-laws 2008 Eclipse, and those seats were really comfortable.

Thank you for reading my post.
Old 10-10-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RSX driver seats into 96 DX Sedan

if you think the dx seats are bad, you will hate the rsx seats. they are sport seats and not only have very stiff padding, but they hug you from all sides. not ideal if you are more than a 34 waist. maybe your old seats are just worn out, or i would look into aftermarket oem style seating which is not designed too aggressively and usually has comfort in mind.
Old 10-10-2012
Registered!!

teahou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gearbox, thank you. You may be right about the worn out thing. The 2 main problems with my seats is

1. Too short, so the 'dips and bumps' are in all the wrong places, because I am 6' 1".

2. Maybe because of #1, or because they are work out, there is no lumbar support, so instead of sitting up straight, I end up slumped over in a 'C'. I now have a little pillow I stuff back there, but a more permanent solution would be good.

Any suggestion as to a brand of a good OEM replacement, or are you thinking just get new ones from Honda?
Old 10-10-2012
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

integra seats are cheap and have lumbar support