6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

another gsr swap no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex Yoas is an unknown quantity at this point
another gsr swap no start

I've been beating my head against a wall trying to solve this looking all over forums and watching videos. My b18c1 is in my civic del sol and it cranks but won't turn over. So I have a parts car that had a blown block and a motor I bought. The parts car was obd1 and the new motor I bought was obd2. The parts car was running before it blew so I assume I should be able to pull the parts from that car and use them like the harness, ecu, exc. I have not pinned out any wires since they worked in the last car how they were.

So from the information I've gathered I have these from my obd2 and obd1

Obd2 parts
Block
Head
Intake

Obd1 parts
Dizzy ( td44u which is b16a dizzy don't know if the parts car head was a b16, no idea how to tell since they look the same or if it would cause problems)
Altinator
P72 ecu
Wiring harness
The part on the end of the intake I swapped since it had a different plug on the obd1

The 2 problems I have is the car is misfiring well cranking so I assume the timing is off.
And the wiring harness has a plug that I don't know where it plugs into. The plug is on the passenger side bundled with 3 of the huge plugs that connect near the battery, this 4th wire is much smaller then the other wires bundled with it and only has 2 pins in it. I will try to upload a picture but I've had problems in the past uploading.

I took this on as a learning experience and I've heard nothing but good things about this swap and how easy it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to reply asap.
Old 01-17-2016
BPL Namdata

Miss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura about
Re: another gsr swap no start

did you check to make sure the plug wires are in the right order and did you make sure your distributor timing is not 180 out.
Old 01-17-2016
Registered!!

Alex Yoas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: another gsr swap no start

Originally Posted by Miss EJ6
did you check to make sure the plug wires are in the right order and did you make sure your distributor timing is not 180 out.

I've checked both ways without it starting and I've got the plugs in correct I'm sure of that.

1 2 3 4 ( 1 being on driver side )

3 4
1 2 on dizzy