6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Parking Light Not working?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buckeyeguy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Parking Light Not working?

I have a strange situation on my 99 EX coupe. My passenger side parking light does not work. However, I replaced the bulb to see if that would fix it and it functions normally as a blinker and hazard light, but still nothing for a parking light. Isn't that bulb both a parking light and blinker/hazard light? The driver side works perfect.
The other thing is, the right side also doesn't flash with my keyless entry, which I am guessing is associated with the parking light issue as well. All other lights on the car are fully functional (brake, headlights, taillights, etc). To my knowledge, I don't have any electrical issues (I just bought the car a few weeks ago). Any ideas? If it could be a connection issue, where would I look on the car to troubleshoot? Please help....I really want the passenger side working but have no ideas on where to start since the driver side works fine. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parking Light Not working?

might be a problem with the bulb connector or socket. either corrosion inside or one of the metal prongs got out of place.
Old 11-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buckeyeguy87 is an unknown quantity at this point

How/where would I look for those possibilities? Is it alot of work, as in do I have to take a lot of things apart just to get to it? If so, that way I can save it for the weekend when I have time.....
Old 11-01-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well it would be like changing a bulb. twist off the socket from the headlamp, then pull the bulb out and look inside to make sure all the metal contacts are in the right spot both in the socket and on the bulb. then unplug the socket from the stock harness and check those pins, make sure none are bent. usually you can get to the bulb from under the hood or under the front fender by removing the plastic above the wheel and sticking your hand in there.