7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Connected CD-C aux cable is acting very strangely

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Connected CD-C aux cable is acting very strangely

Hi there,

So I recently installed an aux cable in my honda civic 2003 LX it worked great at first until i drove around for around 10 minutes, then suddenly the music went extremely quiet. Now no matter what i do i cant hear the music unless its full blast and even then its extremely quiet. The very strange thing about all of this is that if do anything that requires power for example power windows or using turning signals or turning the headlights on or off it makes the music blast for a moment. Is this an alternator problem or a wiring thing? Or maybe a problem with a fuse? I dont really know what is causing it because the aux was working and it actually still is but now it seems like the stock radio isnt receiving enough power or something to use the aux properly. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Connected CD-C aux cable is acting very strangely

Does removing the AUX from the HU remove the issues (music blasting when headlights are turned on)?

Sounds like there is a short somewhere and a wiring problem would be my first guess as it worked prior to you messing with it.
Old 09-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Connected CD-C aux cable is acting very strangely

The only thing i did was plug the wiring harness for the aux into the stock radio so i didnt mess with any wiring. the radio and cd player work fine on the same unit but when i switch to CD-C it is quiet. it wasnt always like this tho which is why i am confused. Again if i do anything that requires power it like makes the aux get loud or whatever volume it is set to on the radio.