7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Driver window Down

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay_Me is an unknown quantity at this point
Driver window Down

My driver side window on my 2002 civic went donw and will not go back up, I can hear the motor working when I hit the switch. any suggestions for what it might be? I took the door panel off of the door and can see the cable that runs to the motor and feel it move when the switch is pressed, is there a special routing for the cable that maybe it jumped a pulley? very annoying.
Old 06-06-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driver window Down

If the motor runs but the window does not move (and you hear crunching noises), you need a new regulator.
Old 06-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red_Chaos1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Driver window Down

Originally Posted by ezone
If the motor runs but the window does not move (and you hear crunching noises), you need a new regulator.
This. My old Lincoln Town Car did this with both rear windows. My guess is that age or extra resistance cause the drive splines/teeth to chew up the pulley splines/teeth. The front passenger was worn too and would only halfway roll up, and the front edge of the window would catch on the guide or something. Would have to help the window the rest of the way up to get it fully closed. Replaced the regulator/motor with one out of another Town Car in a pick/pull yard and it lasted about a month before the pulley gave out in the same fashion. Had I and my friend that helped me had our druthers we probably would've done something to ease the windows movement along the guide.