7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Heating and air-condition locked

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moxican is an unknown quantity at this point
Heating and air-condition locked

Hello
I've got a 2002 Civic, bought it a couple of weeks ago. Lately weather turned cold so I started using the heating system. That's when I realized a problem. The **** that allows you to set the place where the air blows (face, face and legs, window, window and legs) is playing tricks with me. Whenever I turn the heat on with the selection of heating legs, and window and legs, my air-condition turns on. I can hear it turning on and even the light on the air-cond. switch goes green. It doesn't matter what I do I can't turn it off. I tried to adjust from hot air to cold air, still stays on. And it's only in blowing air to legs or window and legs.
The only way to turn air-cond. off if I set the **** to anythin but legs or window and legs, and then by pushing the air-cond. button. Then it shuts off.
Any ideas? I appreciate any answer
Old 10-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heating and air-condition locked

its a silly idea from honda, they were thinking the a/c on will help defog the windows faster. it does, but not really needed in winter. it was also done so that the compressor gets some use, but in many places the temps are so cold that the thermo sensor will prevent it from turning on. its still a good idea to run the a/c for a while on the freeway to circulate the lubricant if the outside temps are above freezing. there is a secret code that allows you to turn the a/c off in those modes. it will still come on the first time, but after the code you will be able to push the a/c button and it will turn off.

OVERRIDING A/C

1) Have the car turned off.

2) Turn vent **** to off (All the way to the
left, counter clock wise).

3) Turn temperature **** to full blue (All the
way to the left, counter clock-wise).

5) keep both air recirculation button
and A/C button depressed together and hold.

6) turn car to ON, Wait for air recirculation button to stop
flashing.

To turn the original feature back on, repeat all
steps, but for "STEP 2", turn the **** (All the
way to the right, clock-wise).