7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Difference between 4DR and 2DR Fog Light Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Difference between 4DR and 2DR Fog Light Kit

Well my Ebay fogs had given me so much trouble I went on the market for an oem pair. I was able to get it new for 50$! But when it arrived I noticed it said 4DR on the box, does this matter? I own a coupe, also should I follow the 2dr guide or the 4dr one? Lastly, I ordered this part (08V31-S5P-120C) from majestic, it will fit to the left of my steering wheel or above the cup holder correct?

Thanks guys!
Old 08-30-2011
Registered!!

Re: Difference between 4DR and 2DR Fog Light Kit

anyone?
Old 08-30-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the biggest difference is the switch. sedan switch is made to fit by the socket plug, coupe goes by the cruise. harness is slightly different as well but you should be able to make it work if you try. for $50 its worth a shot. the oem harness is so complicated that i would recommend just making your own simple relay harness and wire a different switch to it.
Old 08-30-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Depending on the year, the only difference would be the switch. Everything else is the same. Vertical vs Horizontal. Both are still interchangable, but the pic of the fog would be off by 90 degrees. There are differences in light switch colors for the different years. I have my switch in the OEM location above the center console. You can place it on the driver's side, but the connections for the stock harness are in the center console.
Old 08-30-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

BTW, if you have an 03+ Civic, but ordered the 01/02 kit, you will be missing the middle harness. 01/02s are pre-wired. OEM fogs are also wired so that they will only come on with the headlights.
Old 08-31-2011
Registered!!

I ordered the 01,02 one so that's good, I may end up making my own relay, but truth be told I'll probably try to stick to stock, my question is, do I follow the 4dr or 2dr instructions? Also according to the 4dr instructions I also need a switch kit? I already ordered the 10$ switch from HandA, do I need that too? Thanks a bunch guys! I'm looking to do this installation on thursday. And my hope is to set my cruse control to always on, and mount the switch by the driver side door. I like the clean look on the dash.
Old 08-31-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you have to use the coupe switch then if you want it mounted by the cruise and roof buttons. and the switches have different connectors in the back. i think you should just use the sedan switch since the harness is already wired for it to fit.
Old 08-31-2011
Registered!!

BigRedEXcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'd go with the sedan switch (center console next to plug). The harnesses you bought are designed to reach and work there, and only there.
Not sure what year your car is, but if it's 03-05, where the subharness isn't pre-run, just use the fog harness and dash harness as supplied, and run a bit of 10gauge with a 1/4" male and female spade connector on either end.
Worked like a charm for me.
Old 09-01-2011
Registered!!

Alright well i'm pretty positive I ordered the sedan one, so my only two questions left are, do I follow the sedan instructions, or the coupe ones? And lastly do I need the "switch kit" that Honda sells?
Old 09-01-2011
Premium Member

if you have 01-02 civic, you should only need the sedan switch. the fog harness will have the connector for it already wired in.
Old 09-04-2011
Registered!!

I wired my new oem fogs today, wasn't able to get the HIDs to work, so I was wondering if anyone has a write up of the swap? One bulb won't light up. I stuck with halogen for now, and I was also wondering, can I wire my fogs up to run without the parking lamps or headlights, my goal being to have them as DRL's. When I hooked them up, I was able to install the harness in the car, but the one that runs in the engine was a totally different plug (in the top left of the engine if your sitting in the drivers seat)? So i was forced to keep my Ebay wiring there, and did everything else oem, any thoughts on that?. Interesting enough the Ebay wiring was a higher gauge than the OEM ones haha

So i'm looking for advice on the HID in oem fogs swap, and running them as DRL's...
Old 09-11-2011
Registered!!

bump for answer