7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tell me what you think, be honest.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Tell me what you think, be honest.

I came acroos this in another forum and this has got me severly confused. Not just the text but what this dude is talking about. Can anyone clear it up? Tell me what you think.

thats about as far as you can go before it gets gay. you could put a fart muffler on it but it will make it sound like *** and you wont gain anything throwing a 5" wide muffler on 1 1/2" exhaust. Even if you do do full length exhaust your engine doesn't produce enough power to really utilize it. just enjoy it for what it is. You could get a chip burned but its generally pretty expensive and not worth the money.Emphasis on 'CHEAP' ways to gain horsepower read the question. last i checked taking the head off and 'shaving' it is not going to be real cheap. Nitrous on a stock motor? thats retarded. The motor was built for reliability and fuel economy Not a shot of nitrous to go racing. If not installed properly you can damage or destroy the engine in your car and even if it is your shaving miles and years off of the life of it. Cat back exhaust doesn't help hardly at all on a civic despite what you hear. it will just sound like crap and with the loss of backpressure you lose torque in doing so. it might help if more power was produced say through a turbo(which is far from cheap). I am being realistic here. Taking the ac out and interior is whats known as 'ricing it out'. Its not a drag car so its not going to help much. It will just look like *** and wont be very much fast. thats not even a performance mod, just ghetto as hell. Do you think T/A and STI drivers do that? probably not.I dont think you are really reading what i am saying. Am i trashing all jap cars? no. I know there are some respectable 'tuner cars' but a civic with a wing and a tacky body kit to make it look like a jet or whatever people do it for is stupid. If you show cars, more power to you. But yanking ac and the back seat out of any economy car for power is desperate, The ricers are the guys who put bolt ons onto their econo boxes and think they drive a porsche. being a ricer is an attitude. Intake and exhaust on a sub 200hp car is not going to make you fast. 14.1 on nitrous is fast? compared to what?
Old 07-28-2011
A scene before your eyes

Re: Tell me what you think, be honest.

This was a comment from a dude after somebody told him they installed an intake system. I believe this guy is refering to lesser performing civic models and engine types.
Old 07-28-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

keep the car stock and dont change anything is what it says
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i concur with that guys statement.
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

inifiniteblur is an unknown quantity at this point

he's saying that putting any money into a civic's performance isn't going to be worth it. Also that there is no cheap way to gain respectable horsepower.
Then he goes off on a little tangent about ricers and what they do. i can tell ya i drive a civic and didnt pull out my a/c and interior and it will still put down most drivers on the road. f-ck the strip unless you gotta turbo. which i dont.

he does have valid points. you will probably just loose big money for small gains. me and my girl both drive civics. i bought mine "riced out" and hers is stock. i wont be ricing hers out because of the amount of money for small gains. not worth it.

but hey it's your car and nobody can tell you what to do right?
mine's got exhuast and headers. i WILL be buying the cold air intake, pully kit, lightweight flywheel, clutch kit, and it still WONT bother me when an SI or EX pulls up and smokes me. because i will know my car is way better than it was before. and that the bitch next to me probably dont have 2 15''s and 3 amps in his. so i can just turn it up on him and look at him like he's stoopid for even wanting to street race. lol
Old 07-28-2011
A scene before your eyes

LMBO!
Yeah, I also caught what you guys did. I feel something when I see a Civic and I feel it more when that kitten purrs like a Lion.
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Balzdpr
LMBO!
Yeah, I also caught what you guys did. I feel something when I see a Civic and I feel it more when that kitten purrs like a Lion.
hahahahaa!!!
Old 07-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

you can't just chip an ecu and having a slight retune done inexpensively on anything post-6th gen.
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by inifiniteblur
and that the bitch next to me probably dont have 2 15''s and 3 amps in his.
That extra 200 lbs probably doesn't help.
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

no kidding. not including w/ passengers and the a/c on.
Old 07-29-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

not to bash anyone but most people who think civics are slow are rednecks that usually only care how fast a car goes in a straight line. then there are real drivers (cough) autocross (cough). where your car isnt measured by its horsepower but by what your skill level is as a driver. I can say ive already gotten better times then many sti and evos. those cars all clearly outclass me but thats not the point. So when someone tells me my civic isnt fast i tell them come to the next autocross and put your money where your mouth is they usually reply whats that. given i have zero engine mods theres always that one guy that has to say its just a civic.

so dnt let it get to you when ppl tell you your slow and as for his statements there not all true as simply reading through the stickies will show u.

Last edited by jono237; 07-29-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

^^ I've done a little of both. While you don't need a lot of skill you do need some to get a high hp vehicle to go straight at WOT, especially with torque steer. I do agree that it has a lot to do with the driver. There are more than a few Corvette owners out there that have gone down in flames, just couldn't believe a ten year old RX-7 could beat them.
Old 07-29-2011
Registered!!

RemyL31 will become famous soon enough

True story, I was driving the other day and was accelerating from stop to 55-60, and thought to myself, dang my car is slow...haha
Old 07-29-2011
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Lol. This is why I won't mod my engine... only suspension. And it is funny when you turn the AC on and all of a sudden it feels like your horsepower is cut in half lol.
Old 07-29-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there are always a few exceptions like the new audi TT-RS. just mash the go pedal and youre at 60mph in 3 seconds.

Originally Posted by lazlong
^^ I've done a little of both. While you don't need a lot of skill you do need some to get a high hp vehicle to go straight at WOT, especially with torque steer. I do agree that it has a lot to do with the driver. There are more than a few Corvette owners out there that have gone down in flames, just couldn't believe a ten year old RX-7 could beat them.
Old 07-29-2011
A scene before your eyes

AC kills the HP like nothing I have ever seen, I can crap a bag of Raman noodles quicker than my civic gets off the line with that damn AC on. I love the look a civic has when a "ricer" tears all that crap out of it. If that cat were in my face saying that stuff I'm not quite sure what I would do or say.
Old 07-29-2011
Premium Member

haha i sometimes use the a/c to engine break if im coming down a hill. saves on the brakes
Old 07-29-2011
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Sounds about right. I have to admit that I have turned the A/C off to get up to speed on a short highway ramp and then turned it back on again once I was done accelerating
Old 07-29-2011
Premium Member

oh i have to do that all the time or i wont make it up the mild hills here, no joke. heck even without the a/c i would have to stay in 2nd many times or have no way to make it up. as soon as i shift to 3rd to car starts slowing down. sometimes i dont know why i put up with it lol.
Old 07-30-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

if you love the car make it what you want.

the fastest car i've ever been in was a turboed sleeper 95 civic hatch. stock rims, stock body, stock paint, stock lights, an exhaust tip that looked stock but wasn't really connected to the exhaust.

the engine bay was one of the cleanest and most beautiful i've ever seen, in any car. it was the first car that made me want to paint my engine.
Old 07-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

OP...
Why would you think the other forum was wrong? ... It's correct for small N/A engines that are not designed for performance, rather for economy. Mods depend on the engine you have, but you pay in the pump. I keep me good mileage and still beat "engine only" cars in the corners when the driver is crappy.
Old 07-31-2011
Registered!!

StaticRhythm is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I got lucky when my friend got rear ended in his integra type-r and we decided to try to put its engine in my civic lx. After 5 weeks of horror from having to drive a terrible dodge, we got the last of the electronics working, and it doesn't even look like anything changed besides under the hood. I miss getting 30 mpg city, but I don't miss 0-60 in 20 seconds during the summer.
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

Matt300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I mentioned to someone in a different thread, it might be cheaper overall to buy a Si (or another car with a better engine), rather than throwing all this money at the car and not being able to reach the numbers other cars have at stock. Hell, I saw a '06 350z going for $12,699 the other day. I bought my 05 LX Special Edition in 2008 for about $12k, plus I've thrown money into a short ram, Tokico Blues, lowering springs, clutch kits, and a few other things. Long story short, I love my car and dammit, I'm going to make it the best it can be. That baby's been good to me for the last 1055 miles, and I'm not about to just dump her 'cuz I want some cheap HP. Haven't found another car yet to take mine on the downhill @ the Franklin Mtns. Let 'em buy their expensive cars, at least they'll look good in the rearview mirror.
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jono237
not to bash anyone but most people who think civics are slow are rednecks that usually only care how fast a car goes in a straight line. then there are real drivers (cough) autocross (cough). where your car isnt measured by its horsepower but by what your skill level is as a driver. I can say ive already gotten better times then many sti and evos. those cars all clearly outclass me but thats not the point. So when someone tells me my civic isnt fast i tell them come to the next autocross and put your money where your mouth is they usually reply whats that. given i have zero engine mods theres always that one guy that has to say its just a civic.

so dnt let it get to you when ppl tell you your slow and as for his statements there not all true as simply reading through the stickies will show u.
automatic?
Old 08-19-2011
A scene before your eyes

Infiniteblur,
What you mean Automatic?
Old 08-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

These pissing matches will never end. To each his own...
That said, for MY car it IS an econobox, I have other cars to make power on....
Old 08-19-2011
A scene before your eyes

Originally Posted by johndeerebones
These pissing matches will never end. To each his own...
That said, for MY car it IS an econobox, I have other cars to make power on....
Thats all and well man you are correct. To each his own is true. Driving for fun as gone the way of all the other money grabing ways of the world economy. You want fun, you pay. You want power you pay. You want even a slight bit of anything you pay. **** if you wanna try an commit suicide and fail, someone will come to your home or your work and put you away to make you pay. Paying is the way of our world has been and always will be. That guys forum comment was about his own and how he feels someone, to include himself should pay. Regardless im happy to rice all day. And anyone else can lick it if they dont like it.

But you are correct this issue will never go away. So Moderator I ask that you close this biatch up and lets move on to the meats and potato of Civcs, until the next crack baby comment comes up of course.