7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hey Gearbox!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hey Gearbox!

Just spray some simple green like you have over everything and use elbow grease and a rag...?
Old 06-25-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Theres just no way i can cover the alt because the gaps are so tight. So I just covered the battery and sprays away from where the alt. is and didnt go deep down into the bay. I for the most part hand rinsed the simple green off with a soaked rag and then ran the hose for maybe 5 secs after really quick. Was really paranoid about getting water in the alt. so i obviously couldnt soak it like i wanted.

Heres the after pic, its not as nice as others i see but its better. Some of the stuff on my steel pipes and black specs on the silver part below my engine simple green wouldnt take off, i couldnt figure out what it was. All the white specs on my intake, air filter box and engine are just marks. Wasnt able to get them off.

And heres before

Old 06-25-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it comes stock on the 2001 civic HX with CVT auto trans. have them look in the "atf cooler" section of the parts guide. it is a simple trans fluid filter you splice into one of the atf cooler lines (3/8 inch i think). change it every year or two. and its a good idea to get the brackets and stuff so you can mount it to the radiator support beam.
Old 06-25-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Since when was cleaning the engine bay like rocket science ? !
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Did you mix 1 part simple green 2 parts water or 2 parts water 1 part simple green? Also did you hold the hose at a 45 degree angle or 90 degree angle? If you did it at a 90 degree angle you probably ruined the motor by now.
Old 06-28-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by gearbox
it comes stock on the 2001 civic HX with CVT auto trans. have them look in the "atf cooler" section of the parts guide. it is a simple trans fluid filter you splice into one of the atf cooler lines (3/8 inch i think). change it every year or two. and its a good idea to get the brackets and stuff so you can mount it to the radiator support beam.
Having trouble getting this filter from honda, none here are Able to look up the part. They said HX model doesnt even exist in their system. Im in canada.

I have the trans cooler but not installinh until i get this filter.
Old 06-28-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

See if you can order it from south bay honda.

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...ll&ListAll=All

Search those pages to see if you can come up with it. Once you get the part number Honda Canada can order it.
Old 06-28-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by tbohar
See if you can order it from south bay honda.

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...ll&ListAll=All

Search those pages to see if you can come up with it. Once you get the part number Honda Canada can order it.
Noobie here, I cant even find it in that link. Can you find it and post the link here? Thanks
Old 06-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iSharix
Since when was cleaning the engine bay like rocket science ? !
Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Did you mix 1 part simple green 2 parts water or 2 parts water 1 part simple green? Also did you hold the hose at a 45 degree angle or 90 degree angle? If you did it at a 90 degree angle you probably ruined the motor by now.
mmmmmmwaaaaaaaahahahaha!

Last edited by sdaidoji; 06-29-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2011
I am Epic

Hey gearbox, think i found the filter. Honda wants $44 for it. uhhh.

That site doesnt ship to canada otehrwise id order. Know any sites in canada with this?
Old 06-29-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

South Bay Honda does ship to Canada... you have to select that method of shipping though, and its 22 bucks !!!

Name:  SHIPPING-4.png
Views: 118
Size:  222.7 KB
Old 06-29-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Lol Civicnoobie your a goofball I would normally be annoyed by you but you make me laugh.