7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

eBay Coilover installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I <3 My EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
eBay Coilover installation

I just got my ebay coilovers from dna motorsports for my 2001 ex coupe.

are they easy to install?
does anyone have any intructions they can share with me or any tips. I appreciate it thanks
Old 04-05-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: eBay Coilover installation

look up the spring install DIY. It's the same process. Easy to do. Prolly take you a few hours.

However, I don't know if I'd trust ebay coilovers... But that's just me.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...info-pics.html
Old 04-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i suggests you return them immediately ebay products are cheap and unreliable some are downright dangerous . also the ride quality will be awful. send them back.
Old 04-05-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get full coilovers? or just coilover sleeves?
Old 04-05-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

+1 send them back. its not worth dying over
Old 04-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

+2 Send them back.
Old 04-05-2011
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

what everybody else said.

/thread.
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

Uh oh. Its the eBay sleeves too. Danger I'm scared now. Are they really that bad
Old 04-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Ebay is good for little things like intakes and strut bars, because if they break nothing bad will happen. Suspension and brakes aren't something you can afford to take risks like that with, because a failure while driving would be catastrophic.

There's a reason why Ground Control coil overs are $400 and ebay ones are $75, the ebay ones probably have a higher profit margin too.
Old 04-06-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

keep them and install them. tell us how they are and how long they last.
Old 04-06-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Send them back x186994838
Old 04-06-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

therea also a reason most "good" coilovers like tein, b&g, etc all cost $1k+
Old 04-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox
therea also a reason most "good" coilovers like tein, b&g, etc all cost $1k+
To be fair, ebay coilovers are usually just sleeves so it's better to compare those to ground controls which are in the $400 price range not $1k.
Old 04-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

actually the OBX coilover kit for miatas are very good and many uses then for track as well.
just depends on luck to get a vendor that have more reliable parts. and you need to try to find the ones that work or are safe, but this endeavour could end costing a lot in the end after trying several of them... worth? sometimes not. matter of luck? yes.
bottom line? if you don't know and you don't want to have one of the pieces that connects you to the ground (tires, suspension, brakes), and you don't have the ***** to try, just don't cheap out.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-06-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2011
Registered!!

Well in the end .. I had to take my car to a shop.. had to get a new front axle.. broken CV joint.. and major slamming on the drivers side.. bill was 748$ .. NEVER BUY EBAY COILOVERS
Old 04-27-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, a good minder for those looking to buy coilover sleeves and cheeping out.

Glad everything's okay and fixable though, better than bottoming out and destroying your car
Old 04-27-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by I <3 My EM2
Well in the end .. I had to take my car to a shop.. had to get a new front axle.. broken CV joint.. and major slamming on the drivers side.. bill was 748$ .. NEVER BUY EBAY COILOVERS
I'm tempted to sticky this thread, I won't, but it's definitely book marked for future reference.
Old 04-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well your still alive it could have been alot worse. and don't buy anything from ebay.
Old 04-27-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MindBomber
To be fair, ebay coilovers are usually just sleeves so it's better to compare those to ground controls which are in the $400 price range not $1k.
but the key difference between those and GC are quality of the material, the R&D that goes into them, longevity of the suspension...etc

on a side note, this thread is full of win.