7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Votlage stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thewal will become famous soon enough
Votlage stabilizer

HI everyone,

I installed a pivot mega raizin voltage stabilizer in my car, the question that i have is it supposed to always show the voltage? the unit is not turning off like they say in the instructions and it's not flashing when you first start the engine. when the car is off it keeps showing the battery voltage and when the car is running it's always showing 14.7v

I thought these units shut off after one minute.

anyone has experience with it?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Votlage stabilizer

i have the HVS-MR and it has a led light that always blinks green non stop (unless battery is low, then it blinks red). but yeah it does this all the time, i think its normal. i imagine since its connected directly to the + and - battery terminals, it would get power all the time.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Yeah but that would drain the battery eventually. They say in the instructions that it's supposed to shut off.

Hmm not sure
Old 02-05-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive never had a problem with mine, and its not really doing anything except blinking a light. any pics of yours? you can always see if the battery voltage drops over time more than normal.
Old 02-06-2011
Registered!!

How is yours connected?
Old 02-06-2011
Premium Member

one wire to + battery, one wire to - battery terminal. i also have a wire going from the unit to the chassis (optional, but without it the blinking light doesnt give a correct reading).
Old 02-06-2011
Registered!!

OK. you have an extra wire going from the negative terminal going to a ground?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2011
Premium Member

the HVS connects directly to the battery (+ and -) and also has a ground wire from the unit to the chassis. also yes, my - battery terminal has the factory ground wire still in place from - terminal to chassis.
Old 02-06-2011
Registered!!

Where did you buy yours from?
Old 02-06-2011
Premium Member

i think racinglab.com 5 yrs ago. they prolly still have it. i paid around $200 and its never had a problem.