7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Black on Silver?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Cool Black on Silver?

Okay so the idea i had for my civic since it was silver was to get as much stuff as i could to be black (without it looking bad).

this is the stuff i want to get black:

Honda Emblems (picture Below)
Headlights
Tint tail lights (Maybe)
Black Handle / Mirrors (See pic of Muirsy's car below)
Black rims with a chrome / silver lip (haven't looked up any yet)

Put a picture in your head, would i look good or should i try something else?

Last edited by DarkSouljur; 09-30-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Black on Silver?

do the headlights leave the tail lights alone. base model civic's came with unpainted mirrors,door handles and trim you would essentially be going for a base model look so thats up to you if you really like it go for it thats what i have and i like it un painted . as for wheels i personally think black with a chrome lip is played out i love these wheels and im getting a set next summer.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-521-Wh.../52168082n.htm

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-30-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Ya tail lights was a big iffy, i never was really serious about doing them, but it was just a thought. As for the handles, etc. Did you say that yours were unpainted, as in it had the base model look? I know it's base model look and its not flush with the rest of the paint job but i like it.

As for the rims, those are pretty nice (i see u have it as your avvy lol) if all black looks good i'll find all black rims, if i decide i want the chrome lip i can always go back and repaint it
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

sup_mario is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see any problem with that idea man...
Old 10-01-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

some black on silver looks good, but if you go nuts and try to blackout everything, it ends up terrible.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Oh he'll no. I just want to blacken a couple things to accent the silver and at the Same time make the car look sexier I mean I'm fine with it being silver but it's kinda boring cuz there are a lot of silver civics lol

Ps no offense meant to u at all. Ur civic is sexy lol

Last edited by DarkSouljur; 10-01-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i personally would leave the headlights alone and just black chrome the emblems also tint the windows and get black rims maybe even get a carbon fiber hood.

Last edited by lowlife9; 10-01-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Windows are tinted, inside dash is black with the silver-ish civic dash kit on it. I would get black rims right now but it's almost winter, so i'm not putting on anything i buy :P

Emblems will be done soon.

I bought an 8th gen civic emblem (the word civic), just wondering if i should black that out aswell as the H emblem or not?
Old 10-01-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Heres some ideas to throw at you

Name:  DSCF9399.jpg
Views: 3441
Size:  163.4 KB
Name:  DSCF9412.jpg
Views: 9702
Size:  215.6 KB
Name:  DSCF9411.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  228.1 KB
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

thejuanandonly is an unknown quantity at this point

I just painted the tails on mine and the grill black, i broke the emblem of but im about to crazy glue it back on, i wanted a red jdm but i couldnt find one anywhere. also i thought about painting the emblem red but didnt think that would look to good, and then thought about black but i might just keep it silver

Now the next moves are possibly doing the head lights, getting some rims and for now thats about it

btw sorry for the S***y picks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0787.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	79318   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0789.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	79319   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0790.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	79320  

Last edited by thejuanandonly; 10-02-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-02-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thejuanandonly
I just painted the tails on mine
That's way too dark for my liking, just dont get rear ended, or it's your fault :P
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

thejuanandonly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
That's way too dark for my liking, just dont get rear ended, or it's your fault :P
I only put one coat on it, and when my lights are on you cant even tell they are blacked out. when I hit the breaks it shines right through
Though I don't think a cop really cares he would probably give me a ticket anyway.

And I didnt really think about the whole rearending thing
makes sense even though you can see the lights
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

I couldn't find a red or black jdm one anywhere aswell. But on my other post about emblems someone had a Honda Emblem with a carbon fibre backing and it looked amazing!

I don't think i'll be doing anything to the hood though, like i said i don't want to go crazy blacked out.

I'm just wondering ... if i paint my H emblem black, should i also paint the Civic emblem black aswell? (i noticed my car didn't have a civic emblem so i ordered and OEM 8th gen civic one from ebay)
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

try ebay for embelms thats where i got mine... and i personally wouldn't put the civic emblem on
Old 10-02-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
I couldn't find a red or black jdm one anywhere aswell. But on my other post about emblems someone had a Honda Emblem with a carbon fibre backing and it looked amazing!

I don't think i'll be doing anything to the hood though, like i said i don't want to go crazy blacked out.

I'm just wondering ... if i paint my H emblem black, should i also paint the Civic emblem black aswell? (i noticed my car didn't have a civic emblem so i ordered and OEM 8th gen civic one from ebay)
I think that was my emblem :P

And if you paint 1, might as well paint it all, including EX/LX or whatever emblem
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Muirsy
try ebay for embelms thats where i got mine... and i personally wouldn't put the civic emblem on
Huh? Why not...?

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I think that was my emblem :P

And if you paint 1, might as well paint it all, including EX/LX or whatever emblem
... To be honest i dont have an EX, Lx, or w.e logo.

I don't even know what model of civic i have -.-

Anyway to find out?
Old 10-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

the Canadian Si is the same car as the US ex
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Huh? Why not...?
looks cleaner in IMO... i took my civic and special edition emblem off mine
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Muirsy
looks cleaner in IMO... i took my civic and special edition emblem off mine
I do see where you're coming from... and i was looking at mine today and it looks pretty clean. But i've already ordered it. I'll put it on and if i really decide i don't like it i can always take it off again
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

^ u can always do that to
Old 10-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

You can slap the civic emblem on your fuse box cover..
I rocked that for a while, until I decided to re-paint it a darker, more body color matching, shade of blue.. I had intentions of putting the emblem back on after I re-sprayed the fuse box cover, but I broke the emblem in the removal process. Just a little engine dress up for ***** and giggles.