Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Black on Silver? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/332236-black-silver.html)

DarkSouljur 09-30-2010 05:21 PM

Black on Silver?

Okay so the idea i had for my civic since it was silver was to get as much stuff as i could to be black (without it looking bad).

this is the stuff i want to get black:

Honda Emblems (picture Below)
Headlights
Tint tail lights (Maybe)
Black Handle / Mirrors (See pic of Muirsy's car below)
Black rims with a chrome / silver lip (haven't looked up any yet)

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...4&d=1285883631
https://i56.tinypic.com/2rzyy5d.jpg

Put a picture in your head, would i look good or should i try something else?

lowlife9 09-30-2010 06:38 PM

Re: Black on Silver?

do the headlights leave the tail lights alone. base model civic's came with unpainted mirrors,door handles and trim you would essentially be going for a base model look so thats up to you if you really like it go for it thats what i have and i like it un painted . as for wheels i personally think black with a chrome lip is played out i love these wheels and im getting a set next summer.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-521-Wh.../52168082n.htm

DarkSouljur 09-30-2010 08:16 PM

Ya tail lights was a big iffy, i never was really serious about doing them, but it was just a thought. As for the handles, etc. Did you say that yours were unpainted, as in it had the base model look? I know it's base model look and its not flush with the rest of the paint job but i like it.

As for the rims, those are pretty nice (i see u have it as your avvy lol) if all black looks good i'll find all black rims, if i decide i want the chrome lip i can always go back and repaint it :)

sup_mario 09-30-2010 09:52 PM

I don't see any problem with that idea man...http://tinypix.info/pix/441/b/happy.gif

gearbox 10-01-2010 01:13 AM

some black on silver looks good, but if you go nuts and try to blackout everything, it ends up terrible.

DarkSouljur 10-01-2010 11:32 AM

Oh he'll no. I just want to blacken a couple things to accent the silver and at the Same time make the car look sexier :) I mean I'm fine with it being silver but it's kinda boring cuz there are a lot of silver civics lol

Ps no offense meant to u at all. Ur civic is sexy lol

lowlife9 10-01-2010 02:44 PM

i personally would leave the headlights alone and just black chrome the emblems also tint the windows and get black rims maybe even get a carbon fiber hood.

DarkSouljur 10-01-2010 03:09 PM

Windows are tinted, inside dash is black with the silver-ish civic dash kit on it. I would get black rims right now but it's almost winter, so i'm not putting on anything i buy :P

Emblems will be done soon.

I bought an 8th gen civic emblem (the word civic), just wondering if i should black that out aswell as the H emblem or not?

Kennykid2002 10-01-2010 08:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres some ideas to throw at you

Attachment 104358
Attachment 104359
Attachment 104360

thejuanandonly 10-02-2010 09:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I just painted the tails on mine and the grill black, i broke the emblem of but im about to crazy glue it back on, i wanted a red jdm but i couldnt find one anywhere. also i thought about painting the emblem red but didnt think that would look to good, and then thought about black but i might just keep it silver

Now the next moves are possibly doing the head lights, getting some rims and for now thats about it

btw sorry for the S***y picks

Kennykid2002 10-02-2010 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by thejuanandonly (Post 4491673)
I just painted the tails on mine

That's way too dark for my liking, just dont get rear ended, or it's your fault :P

thejuanandonly 10-02-2010 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 (Post 4491675)
That's way too dark for my liking, just dont get rear ended, or it's your fault :P

I only put one coat on it, and when my lights are on you cant even tell they are blacked out. when I hit the breaks it shines right through
Though I don't think a cop really cares he would probably give me a ticket anyway.

And I didnt really think about the whole rearending thing
makes sense even though you can see the lights

DarkSouljur 10-02-2010 09:53 PM

I couldn't find a red or black jdm one anywhere aswell. But on my other post about emblems someone had a Honda Emblem with a carbon fibre backing and it looked amazing!

I don't think i'll be doing anything to the hood though, like i said i don't want to go crazy blacked out.

I'm just wondering ... if i paint my H emblem black, should i also paint the Civic emblem black aswell? (i noticed my car didn't have a civic emblem so i ordered and OEM 8th gen civic one from ebay)

Muirsy 10-02-2010 10:38 PM

try ebay for embelms thats where i got mine... and i personally wouldn't put the civic emblem on

Kennykid2002 10-02-2010 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur (Post 4491767)
I couldn't find a red or black jdm one anywhere aswell. But on my other post about emblems someone had a Honda Emblem with a carbon fibre backing and it looked amazing!

I don't think i'll be doing anything to the hood though, like i said i don't want to go crazy blacked out.

I'm just wondering ... if i paint my H emblem black, should i also paint the Civic emblem black aswell? (i noticed my car didn't have a civic emblem so i ordered and OEM 8th gen civic one from ebay)

I think that was my emblem :P

And if you paint 1, might as well paint it all, including EX/LX or whatever emblem

DarkSouljur 10-03-2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muirsy (Post 4491785)
try ebay for embelms thats where i got mine... and i personally wouldn't put the civic emblem on

Huh? Why not...?

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 (Post 4491788)
I think that was my emblem :P

And if you paint 1, might as well paint it all, including EX/LX or whatever emblem

... To be honest i dont have an EX, Lx, or w.e logo.

I don't even know what model of civic i have -.-

Anyway to find out?

xRiCeBoYx 10-03-2010 12:41 PM

the Canadian Si is the same car as the US ex

Muirsy 10-03-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur (Post 4491907)
Huh? Why not...?

looks cleaner in IMO... i took my civic and special edition emblem off mine

DarkSouljur 10-03-2010 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muirsy (Post 4491940)
looks cleaner in IMO... i took my civic and special edition emblem off mine

I do see where you're coming from... and i was looking at mine today and it looks pretty clean. But i've already ordered it. I'll put it on and if i really decide i don't like it i can always take it off again :)

Muirsy 10-03-2010 11:22 PM

^ u can always do that to

xRiCeBoYx 10-03-2010 11:31 PM

You can slap the civic emblem on your fuse box cover..
I rocked that for a while, until I decided to re-paint it a darker, more body color matching, shade of blue.. I had intentions of putting the emblem back on after I re-sprayed the fuse box cover, but I broke the emblem in the removal process. Just a little engine dress up for shits and giggles.