7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about
Re: Wont start

i agree im gunna drive up to this guys place an check it myself already i think xriceboyx may b in on that as well. lol update!
Old 05-22-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yea.. That cross country road trip isn't fun alone.. I was only able to manage it once (Upstate NY to Vegas) because I flew my sister up to drive it with me..

But back on topic.. on top of physically checking your injectors (physical integrity, functionality, and injector clips fully plugged in), look behind your glove box and make sure your "B" connector (24 pin) is fully plugged in and all the wires in tact. More specifically, the wires in slots 2, 3, 4, & 5 (yellow, blue, red, & brown, respectively). Those are your fuel injector control wires from your ecu.
Old 05-23-2010
Registered!!

ondalow01 has a spectacular aura aboutondalow01 has a spectacular aura about

hey guys, sorry on the delay i just worked two 14 hr days. but yes tomorrow morning i am going to check the injectors and the rail, if that doesn't do anything then ill take the sensors from the old motor and put it on this one. and if that doesnt work ill roll my car down a hill into a tree.

thanks for the help, ill keep you guys updated.
Old 05-23-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

*ahem* part out if you give up...
Old 05-23-2010
Registered!!

lmao a tree cant kill an em2. trust me i had a huge tree fall on my civic an crush the roof in. they sliced the roof off at the bottom of the pillars an replaced it an a bunch of other crap. 01 civic 120,000 miles an $8900 in damages. i would have bet my life it would have been totaled but no. surprisingly it has no weird quirks after such a serious repair.. O an if u give up deff part it out. good luck!
Old 05-23-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good advice you two lol... Tell him to part out a car that has a new engine. There is a way to get it started! You will find it! I just noticed the shop manual makes no note of connecting the fuel line. I wonder why hmm. Why don't you take the throttle body off the old one as well and put it one the new one? That might help.

Last edited by BlueEM2; 05-23-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2010
Registered!!

there were a few slight diferences between the 01-03 and the 04-05 models right? i no the wideband o2 sensor was a change is there any else along that path that may b messing with the engine starting?
Old 05-23-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by tbohar
Good advice you two lol... Tell him to part out a car that has a new engine. There is a way to get it started! You will find it! I just noticed the shop manual makes no note of connecting the fuel line. I wonder why hmm. Why don't you take the throttle body off the old one as well and put it one the new one? That might help.
In my defense, he said he was gonna run the car into a tree if he couldn't get it started...
Old 05-23-2010
Registered!!

Finally got her going, it was the injectors, i used the fuel rail and injectors from the old motor and she fired right up.

thanks for all the help guys, turbo kit should come in a few weeks hopefully be turboed by end of july.
Old 05-23-2010
Administrator
Administrator

win! congrats on getting her fired up.

How you goin about with the turbo?
Old 05-23-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Grats man. it must be so nice to be back in business.
Old 05-23-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you. i was proven correct ftw. turbo kit? what turbo kit?
Old 05-23-2010
Registered!!

yea it was the damm fuel all along, now one of my ball joins popped out and is hitting the abs on the cv axle. its like a domino effect....

As far the kit its one i bout off one of the forum guys, its a td04 turbo, of a mitsu with psi set at 7 no shaft play or smoke, front mount, turbo manifold, oil lines, greddy emanage blue, missing link, charge pipe and down pipe, intercooler piping, blow off valve, 480cc k24 injectors...think thats it. ill be running it at 7 psi for a while until some of my funds grow again lol. and i still need to get a catback and a tune before i actully turbo it. i have a question.. what size catback should i get for a turbo set up.
Old 05-24-2010
Administrator
Administrator

if you're planning on keeping her turbo'd and plan on eventually going with high boost, i'd say 3".. otherwise a 2.25-2.5" should do you well.

a random tech high flow cat (if you plan on keeping a real catalytic converter) would prolly be a good thing to get, too. the downpipe replacement that dezod.com sells is a 2.5" downpipe with the high flow cat. It throws no cat related CELs, either.

Oh, and if you search for the AEM FIC, there's been some good talks about it being one of the better piggybacks. I have one laying around with a pnp harness for when I decide to re-turbo my car.
Old 05-24-2010
Registered!!

Glad to hear u got it runnin. wish mine was on the road. as for ur exhaust ? like xriceboyx said deff run 2.5 or 3. keep us updated on the turbo build good luck
Old 05-24-2010
Registered!!

hmm great info.. I'm thinking of getting the apexi ws2 because i want to be quiet. I think they come in 2.5. As far as a cat goes i have a magnaflow high flow cat in my closet that's been sitting there for years brand new maybe ill get a use of that.

Gold Ghost- i was just down there about a week ago, i picked up my engine from one of the forum guys that has a boosted 7thgen down there, it was 10 mins away from wikes barre or something like that.
Old 05-24-2010
HLC
Registered!!

2.5 inch inner diameter minimum i'd say for the exhaust with turbo. what kind of manifold and all. not just "front mount." also, have fun with that emanage.
Old 05-24-2010
Administrator
Administrator

the WS2 is a 2.25". I have it on my car and it stayed on my car when I was turbo'd. It is nice and quiet though.
Old 05-24-2010
Registered!!

HLC r u sayin the emanage isnt good? i have the e manage ultimate waitin to b droped in my car. wut is bad bout it. any way on exhaust i personally feel great flow is best on a turbo build. my friend has a turbo gsr an had the ws2 exhaust an it wasnt to good. he put a diff exhaust on there an got much better results but if the cops r dicks maybe u should go quite. ondalow01 the guy u r talkin bout lives in dallas he sent me a pm bout meetin up. says he has a turbo em2. lol i cant wait to c it.
Old 05-24-2010
HLC
Registered!!

the emanage is crap. utter crap, you will fight with it the entire time you have it controlling your fuel setup. kpro or the aem ems is by far the best bet for properly controlling your car. kpro is a bit more user friendly. if anything the pcs-xfc and aem f/ic i've heard ok things about. but i've heard the worst things about the emanage
Old 05-24-2010
Registered!!

yea he is from Dallas, but has a huge garage 10 mins from wilkes barre.... i might go back down once im boosted... its a nice drive.

Andd damm wtf.. that means im gonna run into a bunch of head aches.. ***... ill start saving for that k pro then... And it sucks that the ws2 wont work... hmm any recommendations on a catback that is 2.5< but still quiet.. cops arent too bad around here i just don't want to be loud.
Old 05-24-2010
HLC
Registered!!

i see a bunch of people using the vibrant muffler. no idea on the noise though. and yea kpro is probably the best investment you can make with the turbo system.
Old 05-25-2010
Registered!!

HLC the vibrant muffler is the black one correct.. if i get that i would need to get the pipes done at a shop..hmmmm i kinda wanted it stainless so i wouldn't have to worry about it but i guess this way ill be able to run the 3" all the way back.
Old 05-25-2010
HLC
Registered!!

you can get basically anything though. its just a 3 inch muffler. and getting piping done at an exhaust shop is generally pretty cheap.