7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mods for the beginning of the summer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abyssal72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mods for the beginning of the summer

I'm not entirely sure on the actual technical specs between the CAI and the SRI but I'm pretty sure the CAI extends down below the engine bay to absorb the cooler air below (they are harder to install and can cause hydrolock in wetter climates) and the SRI absorbs the warmer air around the engine (easier to access, easier to replace, best choice for the 7th gen Civic). Obvious differences, I know. I think unTuned and others describe it better in this thread:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...short-ram.html
Old 04-05-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

IMO if your going to mod your car the first thing I would do if I was you is get a manual and get rid of the automatic. After that then you can start modding. CAI and SRI are totally different. CAI will give you more power than the SRI. And hydrolocking your car wont be a problem unless you drive through a damn river. SRI will give you more gas mileage though but not much of course lol.
Old 04-05-2010
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah... that's what everyone should learn in modifying civics 101: step 1) get rid of the car. step 2) buy a new car
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

CivicDude08 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha @ coupedup
I'm going to be following littleblack and this thread because im doing the same stuff before the summer hits. Seeing my lights dim everytime i crank the music i def need to do the big 3. all in all im happy with my work, have 0 road noise due to tons of sound deading....its like a bentley riding on 14's. i would love to do one of those retro fitted headlights but have lack of experience/tools.
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

get a bigger battery like a duralst gold top get a good capacitor and switch your lighting to led's they use alot less power and maybe switch to iridium because they also use less power.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

I'll look into the battery my current is a stock one. My subs already amped/cap, does it make that much of a difference sound wise if i amp/cap my other speakers? It was my first time hooking up an audio system so i just ran them to the headunit.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the cap wont really give you better sound it just stops the dimming i would get a cap that is higer rated for like a 5000 wat system if your still dimming. did you properly charge the capacitor before you installed it if not you could have damaged it.this is the biggest duralast gold top that will fit in our cars the part number is "34DT-DLG" you will have to mod the battery holder and buy or make a new battery tie down.

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2010
Registered!!

LittleBlack02 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think I'm going to take the plunge at install a SRI, and I was thinking (maybe its a dumb idea) but has anyone tried to sound deaden the engine bay?
Old 04-08-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by LittleBlack02
i think I'm going to take the plunge at install a SRI, and I was thinking (maybe its a dumb idea) but has anyone tried to sound deaden the engine bay?

my engine complains about the noise ALL the time!

jk jk jk.... the only thing you want to worry about sound deadening is the cab... where you and other people sit. Or the trunk if you're italian (or yous guys have subs).

Doors are the best thing to sound deaden, or at least start with.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...my-lil-vp.html

^check out that thread. he did an unbelievable dynamat install... i was just checking it out this morning...

Last edited by CoupedUp04; 04-08-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

Yeah Man if you want to cut the road noise put that stuff on everywhere. If you cant afford Dynamat the off brands work the same just paying for the name. How much time does it take to install side markers? And how hard are they to wire?

You ever think about side markers littleblack?
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicDude08
Yeah Man if you want to cut the road noise put that stuff on everywhere. If you cant afford Dynamat the off brands work the same just paying for the name. How much time does it take to install side markers? And how hard are they to wire?

You ever think about side markers littleblack?
yeah i've thought about it, but i'm not comfortable cutting hold in my car and i don't really like the look of them either.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoupedUp04
the only thing you want to worry about sound deadening is the cab... where you and other people sit. Or the trunk if you're italian
U always want to finish the job first but sometimes mistakes happen - so in preperation:

Step 1 - disable emergency trunk release.
Step 2 - remove trunk carpet (Easier to wash out excess blood later)
Step 3 - Sound deadening (So u dont have to listen to his banging all the way to the desert).

Gotta love the stereotypes. Yea my name's Tony, my uncle Sal's in the mob, I grab my ***** 30-40 times a day and I start all my conversations with women " heyyy how u doin"! My other car's an iroc and my gold chain often gets lost in all my chest hair
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

whats with all the plastic covered furniture ???
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

where would i find stock civic rims? I think I might invest in them
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

http://www.car-part.com/
Old 04-09-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Keepitmovin
U always want to finish the job first but sometimes mistakes happen - so in preperation:

Step 1 - disable emergency trunk release.
Step 2 - remove trunk carpet (Easier to wash out excess blood later)
Step 3 - Sound deadening (So u dont have to listen to his banging all the way to the desert).

Gotta love the stereotypes. Yea my name's Tony, my uncle Sal's in the mob, I grab my ***** 30-40 times a day and I start all my conversations with women " heyyy how u doin"! My other car's an iroc and my gold chain often gets lost in all my chest hair
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
would i be better off buying after-market rims instead of OEM? i feel like 159 is alot per rim
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

stock rims aren't cheap maybe search your local craigslist or check ebay. it depends on what you want bad enough don't settle for less save your money. i personally woild rather have after market over stock.
Old 04-11-2010
Registered!!

if i wanted a black emblem for the grille and the trunk and i order it from majestichonda, how would i go about it? put it under special instructions to paint them black?
Old 04-11-2010
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

At some point ur gonna have to start searching for answers and making decisions for yourself instead of posting every question that pops in ur head. You can search the million threads on SRI vs CAI, if you like oem wheels weigh the options/cost etc vs aftermarket.

To answer ur last question u can just paint the emblems that are already on ur car or look on ebay for any color u can think of. Someone is going to verbally rape u if u continue to post about stuff that has already been discussed to death on the forums. I get ur new, but learning and finding stuff for yourself is the way u want to go. I'm not saying u shouldent post questions but really...
Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Keepitmovin
At some point ur gonna have to start searching for answers and making decisions for yourself instead of posting every question that pops in ur head. You can search the million threads on SRI vs CAI, if you like oem wheels weigh the options/cost etc vs aftermarket.

To answer ur last question u can just paint the emblems that are already on ur car or look on ebay for any color u can think of. Someone is going to verbally rape u if u continue to post about stuff that has already been discussed to death on the forums. I get ur new, but learning and finding stuff for yourself is the way u want to go. I'm not saying u shouldent post questions but really...
i'd prefer not to get verbally raped, even though after that i feel verbaly violated. thank you for the wake up call and i really do need to search

Last edited by LittleBlack02; 04-12-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

i was searching around the forums about taking my headlights out, disassembling them and cleaning out the moisture in the head light, and resealing them when i saw someone say that if theyre stock them the dealership will fix it for free...true?
Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

the dealer would probably be the best person to contact regarding that question.
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

i see alot of talk about denso and iridium spark plugs, and little talk about e3 spark plugs...couldnt find a review on the search or a comparison to iridium. anyone have e3 spark plugs? how do they compare to iridium?
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

I just order ngk's. I would like to go the oem rim route like you but they are way expensive and like LowLife09 said craigslist is a very good option. Or you could go around looking for the civic's without wheel locks Didn't hear that from meeee....