7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 Civic A/C Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AsianPersuAsian is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Civic A/C Light

I just bought a 2003 Honda Civic LX, and I noticed that the a/c button and the air flow button do not light up. The defost button lights up though. All three buttons are next to each other on the center dash console. When I say they don't light up, I mean they don't light up with the rest of the buttons (radio, climate control, etc..) when the interior lights are on. I am not talking about the green light that comes on when the function is being used. What do I need to do fix this problem?

Thank you.
Old 01-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 03 Civic A/C Light

my 2004 does the same thing after i installed my after market radio. i have yet to fix it because i don't feel like ripping thr radio out again and its not that bad i got use to it. some people say if you smack it a couple times it will work i tried it but nothing happened lol.
Old 01-02-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its just a bulb. defrost has its own and the other two buttons share a light. take the console off, then the lower button piece, and youll see the twist socket to change the bulb. dealer has em for $1-2
Old 06-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lowlife9
my 2004 does the same thing after i installed my after market radio. i have yet to fix it because i don't feel like ripping thr radio out again and its not that bad i got use to it. some people say if you smack it a couple times it will work i tried it but nothing happened lol.
MY defrost light stopped working also after the new radio was installed, its annoying but I am leery about taking that center console out again and messing with it. Trying to get used to it
Old 06-23-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Just replace all 5 neo-wedges at same time, will be much brighter.