7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Remote Start Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Remote Start Help

I found a Bulldog remote start in my garage the other day, so I figured Id give it a try. After all, it was free. So I spent a Saturday prepping wires and researching until I found the right connections. I proceeded to install it, and everything went well. Until I learned I needed "791 Immobilizer Bypass Module." So I ordered this P.O.S for $30 shipped from their site, and it came in the other day. I went out to install it, and apparently all I needed to was connect one wire to power, one to ground, and one as a remote to the main unit. This 791 piece has a spare key in it (that does start the car) but I cant seem to get to work. What wire should the remote wire connect to?
Options:
White 1: Connects to ignition (black/yellow)
White 2: Connects to Accessory (black/red)

NOTE: I have a Transponder Loop that goes from the key area to the ignintion key spot. It is suppposed to wrap around the spot, in front of the factory one. Do i need to take off the plastic shroud AS WELL AS the steering column shroud i already removed?
OR

Is my problem my initial installation (like 20% likely.)
Description: Push Start on Remote, all lights come on, gas tank goes up, etc, the reciever clicks a few times, then a few other things make noises in the car. After about 5 seconds, it all turns off.

Description With Key: Start car with key, push start on remote, reciever clicks, nothing else happens. I can turn the key to the "off position" and take it out, but the car still runs. The tranny still runs. Everything works but the locked steering wheel. It all runs until I press "Stop". The car shuts off, everything is normal.
Old 11-24-2007
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Remote Start Help

any help would be appreciated
Old 12-05-2007
Diamond Member

Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

go to www.the12volt.com and click on the install bay. find the wiring diagram for your car. Then go to bulldogs website and find the wires for your alarm and match the two up.
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know much about bulldog units but those remote inputs usually are negative trigger. If you just put your key in the ignition cylinder (without turning it at all) and activate the r/s, what happens?
Old 12-06-2007
Diamond Member

if i JUST put the key in the ignition and hit start, accessory mode starts, and you can hear what sounds like a starter (?) in the engine bay. the starter stops, then waits a few seconds, then starts again, this time for a longer attepmpt.
Old 12-06-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light

Does the bulldog unit have a tachometer input and are you using it?
Old 12-06-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmaspie
Does the bulldog unit have a tachometer input and are you using it?
question of the day. this will make or break your install.
Old 12-06-2007
Diamond Member

it has a tachometer input but it says not required and only reccommended on old cars that have a hard time starting.
Old 12-06-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

use it anyways, and program it, did you connect it to the tach reference wire near the battery?
Old 12-06-2007
Diamond Member

nahh i taped it off. looks like ill be busy this weekend! what kinda wire should i use to run it to the tach reference under the hood?
Old 12-06-2007
Registered!!

thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough

aim or email **** even call me:

AIM: JamesMotulski
Email: James@OceanStateTuning.com
Phone: 401-996-3386

might be slow on the phone if u catch me off guard tho lol

but yea I can walk you through it

Last edited by thefivespeeder; 12-07-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-27-2010
Registered!!

billing10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Envy
I found a Bulldog remote start in my garage the other day, so I figured Id give it a try. After all, it was free. So I spent a Saturday prepping wires and researching until I found the right connections. I proceeded to install it, and everything went well. Until I learned I needed "791 Immobilizer Bypass Module." So I ordered this P.O.S for $30 shipped from their site, and it came in the other day. I went out to install it, and apparently all I needed to was connect one wire to power, one to ground, and one as a remote to the main unit. This 791 piece has a spare key in it (that does start the car) but I cant seem to get to work. What wire should the remote wire connect to?
Options:
White 1: Connects to ignition (black/yellow)
White 2: Connects to Accessory (black/red)

NOTE: I have a Transponder Loop that goes from the key area to the ignintion key spot. It is suppposed to wrap around the spot, in front of the factory one. Do i need to take off the plastic shroud AS WELL AS the steering column shroud i already removed?
OR

Is my problem my initial installation (like 20% likely.)
Description: Push Start on Remote, all lights come on, gas tank goes up, etc, the reciever clicks a few times, then a few other things make noises in the car. After about 5 seconds, it all turns off.

Description With Key: Start car with key, push start on remote, reciever clicks, nothing else happens. I can turn the key to the "off position" and take it out, but the car still runs. The tranny still runs. Everything works but the locked steering wheel. It all runs until I press "Stop". The car shuts off, everything is normal.
so was they bypass module required?? if so where did u get the extra key??
Old 11-28-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

last post was 3 years ago... not sure the members are still active or not...
kudos for searching, though...