7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Scraping bottom of the car

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Scraping bottom of the car

I try to go as slow as possible when going up a low incline but sometimes i still scrape the bottom of my Civic that ugly sound has any one here ever caused damage from scraping the bottom?
Old 09-10-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Scraping bottom of the car

Originally Posted by ThatDude
I try to go as slow as possible when going up a low incline but sometimes i still scrape the bottom of my Civic that ugly sound has any one here ever caused damage from scraping the bottom?
Yep, my car used to scrape all the time going in my driveway when I first bought it. Plus the stupid owner lowered the car on stock struts. That baby bounced like crazy down the highway. Anyways, I just put stock suspension on it.

Your subframe gets the most out of the damage
Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

oil pan ???
Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

The oil pan is tucked up pretty well in the car...you'd have to hit the bottom pretty hard to damage the pan...I bottom out a lot cause of the ride height, but it's my exhaust that takes the most damage as it is custom and the cat is bigger than stock.
Old 09-10-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

the stock exhaust hangs pretty low. thats the first thing that'll scape.

you oil pan is tucked above your subframe, so dont worry, your subframe will scrape before your oil plan.
Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

yea up front near the bumper, you can kinda see the piece hanging down some. i guess some screws got knocked out over the yrs. its not dragging or anything like that but its still annoying when i see it
Old 09-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

road debris doe.
Old 09-11-2012
Registered!!

I want to push the front pieces all the way back up so they dont hang down. Anyone know if they use a common screw or do i have to buy some expensive ones from the dealership??
Old 09-11-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

my exhaust pipe always scrapes. sometimes the tip but usually the midpipe. there is already a big dent lol. eventually i have a feeling it will just turn into a hole.
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to push the front pieces all the way back up so they dont hang down. Anyone know if they use a common screw or do i have to buy some expensive ones from the dealership??
I had the same issue with my car. It's called the engine splash shield:

(http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...=FRONT+FENDERS)

After almost ten years, mine was coming loose and constantly scraping. From what I read, it's mainly there for aerodynamics. I cut out the center portion of mine and left the sides that provide a barrier on the inside of the fender. I'm sure you could buy a new one if you don't want to take a chance that it's more important than I found. You can see that the clips used to keep it in place are only a few bucks each, and I'm sure they're not too expensive from the dealer.
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

how much is the engine splash shield? I think Im just going to get the screws & try to get it back up that way
Old 09-15-2012
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

how much is the engine splash shield? I think Im just going to get the screws & try to get it back up that way
check the link i posted above