7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

good alarm system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
good alarm system?

So I have started spending the money I gathered from selling off an old hobby. I Installed RSX front seats and picked up a Jensen Double Din off of ebay today. That's when it hit me that I still have almost 1500 to spend. I figured I would start with an alarm system. I am looking for something cheap to buy, cheap to install but still does the job. Any ideas?
Old 09-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: good alarm system?

compustar.
Old 09-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its all the same idea, just be sure you get a distinctive siren (not whatever the alarm comes with) and preferably a pager otherwise it does no good. i never put any faith in an alarm system. i think the best part is the flashing led light so put it somewhere visible. it will keep the stupid thieves away that dont want loud noises around them.
Old 09-16-2009
Registered!!

true gearbox but it doesnt hurt piece of mind or insurace costs to have one
Old 09-16-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ya its not bad and scares away low level thieves i guess.
Old 09-16-2009
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

burn
Old 09-17-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

this is what i use on my car its the best on the market.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc
Old 09-17-2009
Registered!!

trang_man is an unknown quantity at this point

^ LOL

as for OP; I like to use DEI but make sure you go with a good installer.
No point in getting an alarm, if your installer install it in 10 minutes.
Old 09-17-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I have a Compustar. The day that little pager vibrated and I went to find a guy sitting in the driver's seat, my $450 alarm saved me my $20,000 car.
Old 09-17-2009
Registered!!

owwwww man i would have beat the **** out of that guy with a ****in bat im dead serious i would have completely flipped the *** out.
Old 09-17-2009
Registered!!

^I hear that! Around here you never know. I had a beer bottle thrown through the back windshield of my old 02 coupe. That car was stock. The 2005 coupe has some money dropped into it so it's all about piece of mind. Thanks to all who added input. I think I'm going with the compustar.
Old 09-17-2009
Premium Member

well yeah nothing will stop vandalism
Old 09-17-2009
Registered!!

good choice this is all they sold at the toyota dealership i worked for they are very reliable never had any problem or complaints from customers except for people not knowing how to properly use the pager function.
Old 09-18-2009
Premium Member

also guys you can add a pager to any alarm system by using the siren wires. it will send you a page when the alarm siren is triggered. heck you could prolly just add a pager to a stock car using the dome light or something. so if a thief breaks in and opens the door and the light comes on, you will get a page. i can look for the diagram if anyone wants. ive been meaning to do it but havent had time and i dont really park in bad areas.
Old 09-18-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lowlife9
owwwww man i would have beat the **** out of that guy with a ****in bat im dead serious i would have completely flipped the *** out.
Until he tries to stab you. He tried to get me in the chest but forensics printed my car and tracked him down.

Go with the Compustar, just don't ignore the pages thinking they're false alarms. And don't rely on it neither.
Old 09-18-2009
Registered!!

na a bat against a knife the bat would win. at least he didn't have a gun i thought canada was a safe place lol.

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-18-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-18-2009
Premium Member

ya if hes got a gun youre screwed. and lower the sensitivity of the shock sensor so you dont get false alarms. only thing that should set off the alarm is someone crashing into the car, thunder, or someone breaking the window.
Old 09-18-2009
Registered!!

johnlam1688 is an unknown quantity at this point

got any luck of finding your alarm yet.

You know on ebay, there are some 2 way car alarm cost around $80 shipped.

check out this seller ipremiertek*co

I bought one from them it is 2 way with remote start Automatic or Manual.

For Manual, make sure you have some one to install with the clutch by pass ( with a relay)

good luck
Old 09-20-2009
Registered!!

tinnguyen123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to own a alarm system call Gryphon.. and i got it w/ the installation for $120..

The alarm is pretty basic.. Power Lock, Panic.. that's its ..

it basically doesn't go on unless you shake the car hard.. OR if you open/unlocking the door while the alarm is on.. it got REALLY REALLY bright blue LED light.. i guess its a feature too... used to scare away the thief..
Old 09-20-2009
Registered!!

i have seen these LED lights that are battery powered that you supposedly stick on the dash to make it seem as though you have an alarm.
Old 09-20-2009
Premium Member

i think a super bright or weird color led actually attracts more attention. i know whenever i saw blue leds i immediately went over to the car to look inside and see what treasure he was protecting lol. overdone leds makes me think there is tons of stuff inside. i just have a single led next to my driver door lock. very visible, yet not very obvious (even tho its orange led). you can make your own too and connect it to the car. alot of people do that and wire it so it comes on when ignition is shut off. some people use solid led, others get the flashing kind. this was prolly mentioned already, but when you look inside your car, there should be NOTHING inside thats visible, not even a cd or penny. if you have to carry stuff in your car, use the trunk or back seat pocket. do not put anything of value in the glove box.
Old 09-20-2009
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I'm thinking until I can afford the alarm/starter I'm looking at. For $10 with an easy install I'm game.

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/Empat-man...4Q2sec0Q2em322
Old 09-20-2009
Premium Member

um if thats just a single led with wiring, you can get those at radioshack for $1-2
Old 09-20-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
um if thats just a single led with wiring, you can get those at radioshack for $1-2

Yea, The only ones I could find locally don't have the retainers that keep the led in place or have the cheap looking chrome ones that nobody would install with a real alarm.

My point is it's an easy install definatly worth while for $10 or less if your low on funds or saving money for a real alarm like I am.
Old 09-20-2009
Premium Member

i ended up using a loose orange led and a holder from superbrightleds.com for my custom one. if i have any holders and leds i can just send you some to make your own. i think i have some holders left but i need to search around. i have blue, orange, amber, red, and white 5mm leds all with clear lens.

Name:  newledinstalled.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  42.0 KB
Old 09-20-2009
Registered!!

tinnguyen123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i have seen these LED lights that are battery powered that you supposedly stick on the dash to make it seem as though you have an alarm.
i got one of those at 99c store it even make cool pattern i wanted to replace that with the alarm original LED light..

no but seriously if you wana get a GOOD alarm just get a Viper 5701 or 7900... i dont really know whats the difference but the 7900 is cheaper.. and i think its the older model.. it'll cost you about 250 to buy one.. on ebay.. but you got to bring it somewhere to install.. unless you're confident..

im still deciding on getting one of those..

Last edited by tinnguyen123; 09-20-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-20-2009
Premium Member

ive had my viper 600 for 7 yrs no problems.
Old 09-21-2009
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

Autopage doesn't break the bank and works amazingly well. I have the RS-727A. Installation will cost you money but the alarm itself isn't bad.
Old 09-21-2009
Registered!!

johnlam1688 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about the flake wire. good luck. But it look good though...

I got mine around $80.00 + $150 installation.
Old 09-21-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i ended up using a loose orange led and a holder from superbrightleds.com for my custom one. if i have any holders and leds i can just send you some to make your own. i think i have some holders left but i need to search around. i have blue, orange, amber, red, and white 5mm leds all with clear lens.

I went ahead and ordered that ebay one before I saw ur post but thanks for the offer, nice job on yours btw