7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Broken bolts...am i screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Broken bolts...am i screwed?

I was going to install my sri intake today, while taking off the stock intake, the 2 bolts on the air filter housing broke, then 3 of the 4 bolts broke securing the resonator broke, including the one i need to attach the sri to. I used WD-40 to help loosen them and i applied little force. So now i have 1 bolt holding my stock intake. What do I do?
Old 07-03-2009
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Broken bolts...am i screwed?

2 words, easy out
Old 07-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you usually dont need those bolts. what kind of sri do you have ??? i think thats there to support the wieght of a cai .

Last edited by lowlife9; 07-03-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

nope youre perfectly fine. just do what you need to do to get that last bolt off and remove the stock intake system.

once thats off, luckily most short ram intake systems dont even use any holes, hangers, or tabs. just connect the silicone coupling to your throttlebody and clamp it, connect the intake to the coupling and clamp that, then put your filter on the intake and clamp that. place your o2 sensor into the side of the intake and thats it.

it will be firm enough in place to not even need anything to support it.
Old 07-04-2009
Registered!!

Thanks guys, I got it installed this morning, the last bolt did not break and the bolt i needed to hold the sri did not break as well. I took out some of the broken bolts with pilers. The breather hose was a bitch to put on, but its all done and sounds great. No feel in power increase(which was expected) but better response.
Old 07-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

did you reset your ECU because you should.
Old 07-04-2009
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

why does he need to reset his ecu exactly?
Old 07-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

so it accounts for the different amount of airflow from intake and changes the fuel trims?
Old 07-04-2009
Registered!!

I did, i took out the FI ECU fuse for over 10 mins, put it back in, started her up let it idle for another 10 mins, turned it off, then took it for a spin. It seemed like it was doing something cause it held the idle at 1000rpm for longer then normal.