7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any way to grease front end bushings without removal ???!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
batman900 will become famous soon enough
Any way to grease front end bushings without removal ???!!

I got these cursed Energy suspension front end bushings after I heard so many good things about them and now I only wish I could get my money back. I had them profesionally put on and didnt hear any sound from them at first. Well now a month and a few rains later I think I am starting to hear those da*m things in my sleep !! My car sounds like a rolling trash can !! Any dip in the road, speed bump, drive way ect & I swear you can hear those things over my exaust!

Is there any way that I can have a shop grease them without paying another 150$ to have them taken off ?? If I have to do that I will just get some oem put back on and have wasted hundreds for nothing. btw they are the black set & were greased when put on.
Old 06-12-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any way to grease front end bushings without removal ???!!

just keep driving and they will get broken in. i rarely hear mine anymore unless its a big bump in the road or driveway. i used to hear em all the time when they were new. in the summer they should be nearly silent 90% of the time. i wouldnt worry about greasing them, since the grease will just come off after a couple months anyway. and no i dont think theres a way to grease them on the car. the shop forgot to grease mine at all and i didnt think the noises were that bad at first. now i forget i even have em, it only makes a small creaking going up the driveway.
Old 06-12-2009
Registered!!

batman900 will become famous soon enough

Thanks gearbox that makes me feel better, I have driven on them in a lot of weather over the last month but as far as miles goes it hasnt even been a few hundred because my trips to work and school are so short. Im really hoping after a thousand or 2 miles down the road they will be more quiet. Knowing it will get better in time helps me breathe :P
Old 06-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yea thats the thing with upgrading the bushings the infamous squeak but thats the trade off you deal with for having basically indescribable bushings . i just ordered some energy suspension lca bushings so im going to be in the same boat .
Old 06-12-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i think it gives character lol. who wants a car that doesnt make any noise at all.
Old 06-12-2009
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point

acutally you can kind of grease up those Energy front control arm bushings if thats what you're refering. jack up the front end take off the wheel. the suspension will push the control arms down just enough and create a slight opening in the bushing and sleeve. squeeze some lube in there and you're done. i do this every oil change on my car when i lift it on the hoist.
Old 06-13-2009
Premium Member

ya but that barely lubes 1/4 of the bushing. its not gonna spread around the whole thing by itself.