7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

my parts pile

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
my parts pile

so i was looking at my bank statement and didn't realize how many parts i actually had just sittin and waitin to be installed, so i went and looked at my parts pile-new rims, lowering springs, mugen front lip, revo ss, camber kit, led lights for my license plate. i can't wait to put them all on but i want to wait until i get my tires, new shocks, and lca bushings to do my suspension, obviously, need a carbon fiber hood, shifter bushings. things i would like to do after those are cf trunk, re-do my cai with a k&n, and rear fog light...i've been workin on gettin these parts for about 3 months now, its coming along though...slowly but surely. if anyone knows of any good prices or sites to order these parts im looking for please tell me and thanks in advance. now, before i end this lengthy thread i have a few questions. first, the rear fog light...how do you install it? cut out a section in the bumper, mount it, then splice into your tail lights/reverse light or what? second, when i start my suspension, how hard do you think it's gonna be to get out the lca bolts, its a 2003 model, should i get new lca bolts cause chances are they'll break? i know its alot of questions but thanks.
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all
Re: my parts pile

lol you should really break up your paragraph into sections so it'll be easier to read haha...

BUT....

yeah i think thats how you wire your rear fog light. the LCA shouldn't be too hard, just make sure you have the adapter to take those nuts off. I never heard of them breaking while/during installation so you should be fine.

goodluck with putting all the parts on, i have soo much stuff lying around too... it sucks when you finally get the part but not have time to install it. -____-"
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

sorry about that, when it comes to typing threads i don't know what paragraphs are haha. this all started out as just re-doing the suspension but then i found a good deal on the front lip, then read a thread about the revo ss and slowly just drifted away from my suspension upgrades lol. hopefully by mid june i should have my shocks and tires. i bookmarked the spring and shock diy install i found on here but it seemed like everyone's big problem were the lca bolts being stuck...guess i'll find out soon enough, i'd like to do it myself instead of spending another $400 (or whatever they charge) to have a shop do it. It seemed pretty easy...installed megan coilover's on my roommates cobalt and it was fairly easy, just a few bolts being stuck...

here's your paragraph so there is no confusion, lol. how easy is it to use a spring compressor, never used one before.
Old 05-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

some of those parts its best to just google and find the cheapest place. maybe even ebay.
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

what about new ball joints?????
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

never thought about the ball joints, i was doin the basics, bushings, springs, shocks, and camber kit...didn't think the ball joints would be that big of a deal, could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. as far as the parts i want/need i've been checkin up on ebay regularaly, like 3-4 times a day, just figured that would be my best bet.
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yea i would get new ball joints if your lowering and while every thing is already off the car plus you can get them for like 40 bucks each.this is the site i use for cheap oem parts www.hondapartsdeals.com
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

hmm...makes sense...i'll ad those to the list lol
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

plus because you mite end up damaging them when you remove the lca's
Old 05-06-2009
Registered!!

just got home from work and got my blue lugnuts, revo ss, and camber kit...guess i'll those to the pile too lol...one day they'll be installed, one day...
Old 05-09-2009
Registered!!

i started to install my revo ss, pretty easy stuff, only thing i don't like is that it doesn't come with new cotter key's for the install, the one i had in there was a b&m and it used bolts...i got everything back together, just have to hit up auto zone or checkers tomorrow or maybe even lowe's so i can pick some new cotter keys. also during the install i came across a nice little surprise, i forgot that my b&m ss came with aluminum bushings as well and when i pulled the old assembly out i was wondering why my bushings were aluminum and blue and that's when it hit me, they came with the b&m kit. so, note to self, don't need to order bushings anymore, lol
Old 05-09-2009
Registered!!

is that short term memory loss or what ?
Old 05-09-2009
Registered!!

well i had the b&m kit on there for 4 years now
Old 05-10-2009
Registered!!

went to lowe's yesterday and got some new cotter keys, so the install is finished and damn, the revo ss does sit really low and i like it alot, much better than the b&m i had, should of gone with revo to begin with...for under $100, its definitely a great mod, well worth the money