7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

headlight help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keithriej is an unknown quantity at this point
headlight help

alright, im a bit of a noob here..so bear wit me. I wanted to know which bulbs can i get that will be brighter and whiter than the stock headlight bulbs that is still safe for the stock harness? the bulbs i have on right now are just the stock 9005.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Re: headlight help

well for starters, your stock harness can handle most bulbs that are on the market right now. i went through a phase of trying a bunch of different types of bulbs and found that with the crappiest ones of them all , the bulb itself just started melting, and none of them did any damage or were any dimmer because of the stock harness or power it sends through.

now if youre looking for the brightest bulbs you can get WITHOUT upgrading to an HID kit, i would say go with the Silverstar Ultra, which are a bit more expensive than the rest but very very well worth the extra few dollars. theyre super bright and super white for just a regular bulb and those were the ones that i found by far to be the best out of all i tried.

if you want to get the extra little route, i and most people would just recommend an actual HID kit. its a little more expensive but once you have one, you will never use regular lights again. its all plug n' play too. if you dont know how an HID kit works, its pretty simple. your stock harness (which normally plugs directly into your bulb) plugs into this wire thats attached to a ballast. the ballast has another wire coming out that connects to the new type of bulb...its pretty easy to install and you can get them relatively cheap now if you find the right person. a few people on here know of some good ebay sellers that have good quality kits. i bought mine from ebay for 150$ and ive had it for over two years without any problems *knock on wood*.

hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well i think they make toshiba HIR in that size, but not sure. it would prolly be too bright anyway. maybe you can mod a 9006 to fit in there by cutting one of the tabs. or you could get the catz zeta kit from ebay and hook that up, it will boost the output alot. alot of options...
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enoughdj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enough

Definitely go with silverstars. The clarity they bring is awesome.
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

thats true, there are a lot of options...but you have to look at what youre spending as well. if youre going to spend 40$ on a good set of bulbs, and another 30 or 40 on something to enhance the power, youre already almost spending as much as an hid kit could cost.

i think that in a post a month or two ago, i seen gearbox saying there was an ebay seller that had hid kits for 100$ that were good quality. to me spending the extra 40 or so for a full HID kit is worth it. you wont have to 'hope' you get better light output, you will get it. who knows though, you might not be into an hid kit.

if thats the case, like i was saying before, i tried out a tonne of different type of bulbs from eurolites, sylvania, cuzo, hipro, silverstar, ge, and a couple others, and the silverstar ultras were the brightest and clearest (and they didnt MELT like a bunch of the other garbage ones haha.) good luck.