7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What strut bar to pair with ingalls stiffy torque dampener ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
batman900 will become famous soon enough
What strut bar to pair with ingalls stiffy torque dampener ????

Think ima pick up one of these torque dampeners for my 03 EX coupe but ive been wanting a strut bar for a while and dont wanna have to give that up or mod one to make it work.

So for the peps that have gotten both of these which one worked well with installing both without having to mod ??

Ty for input. btw cheaper the bar the better im on a budget :P
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

batman900 will become famous soon enough
Re: What strut bar to pair with ingalls stiffy torque dampener ????

bump. someone must know
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i was wondering the same thing. I have a Neuspeed bar, but I'm pretty sure it wont work with the ETD because of the way the mounting points are made and the thickness of the plate for the ETD. I had to move my clutch fluid reservoir just for it to fit.

bump for an answer, somebody has to know!!!
Old 02-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

they will fit, but its very unsafe because the bolt wont be threaded completely. someone modified their dc bar by shaving some of the metal, but im not sure how safe that is either. i think it was supermex who has both.
Old 02-27-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Is this gonna be a pain to install this stiffy on my EX?
Old 02-27-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nah its pretty easy, just attach the bracket to the engine mount first, then attach stuffy to that mount, and then attach stiffy to the strut tower mount and finally put the strut mount over the bolts. its a tight fit at stock setting, but you can get it on without adjusting it.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

not if you don't have a strut bar...

makes you wonder which is more beneficial, reduced chassis flex with the strut bar or reduced engine movement from the ETD...
Old 02-27-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

The ETD will help my wheel hop under boost. That's more important to me. I was just worried baout having to move my ABS or something.
Old 02-27-2008
Premium Member

having tried both, the etd def was the better of the two. quite a noticable performance boost, chirping tires from a stop in my auto, etc. but it was too noisy for me combined with cheap tire and loud exhaust it sounded like a truck. the neuspeed bar just reduces some of the play in the wheel when turning side to side from center. its good too.