7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Buahahaha Look Wat I Finally got !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Wink Buahahaha Look Wat I Finally got !!!!

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-...m=110115460935

$71 bucks isnt bad at all !!!!
Old 04-23-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: Buahahaha Look Wat I Finally got !!!!

For some one who owns the most "problematic" civic on this forum...

Why buy parts that don’t benefit you or any of the problems your having with your car?

Mani?
Old 04-23-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
For some one who owns the most "problematic" civic on this forum...

Why buy parts that don’t benefit you or any of the problems your having with your car?

Mani?
lol .. That was one of the problems son ! My Problematic civic didnt come with an RPM So im hanging in there and fixing em one after another
Old 04-23-2007

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

Ahhhhhh got ch ya!

Were on the same page now!!!

Nice find!
Old 04-23-2007
Banned

jhahhah Thanks man .... btw just curious .. U have a DX too ??? are u looking for the same thing lemme know .. i got a secret deal at another place too :-)
Old 04-23-2007

nope EX

thanks though
Old 04-24-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

You're welcome
Old 04-24-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
You're welcome
Aww man .. Sorry ....

I couldnt have done it without ur help bro

Thank You so much :-)
Take care ..

BTW .. That canadian dude hasnt replied to my offer yet U still selling urs ???
Old 04-26-2007
Registered!!

gmcuajo can only hope to improve

Probably, not sure, you have new problems with the LEDs.
Old 04-26-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by gmcuajo
Probably, not sure, you have new problems with the LEDs.

??? what ??? Wasnt 420 like last friday ?
Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

gmcuajo can only hope to improve

The 03+ have LEDs on it that require a different wiring than common "bulbs". Is on other posts that to make a cluster "swap" with a 03+ EX cluster need some rewiring, but I don't remeber if it is with 03+ cluster on a 01-02. So do a search...
Old 04-27-2007

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

^^^ Thanks for saving the thread, Captain Obvious. He knows exactly what he's doing, He's been Pm'ing me for a week about it.
Old 04-28-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Honder, what the hell are we doing online at 10pm on a friday. lets meet up in portland and get some chicks damnit!
Old 04-28-2007
Banned

^^^ Thanks for saving the thread, Captain Obvious. He knows exactly what he's doing, He's been Pm'ing me for a week about it.

Thanks 01hondercivic ...

Ok today was a very long evening man ... The most I expected this project to be was 2 hours ... by looking at the video it seemed very easy to DE-PIN all the connections. me and my friend started at 6:30pm and were done at 11:30 pm .. YES it took me n my friend that much .. and this is just the starting man

The clips from all of the wires came of like popping babies from the GREEN CONNECTOR.. ALL except the YELLOW AND BLACK wire which needs to be extended on to the BLUE connector. And swear to god.. that **** did not come out till the end !!!

Moving on to the BLUE CONNECTOR. all the wires de-pinned pretty easily except 6 of em

To All the newbies who have future plans of doing a cluster swap .. My advice is .. Have sex atleast 3 times before u start the swap process to keep a hold of ur patience .. coz YES YOU GET REALLY PISSED ON THOSE STUPID connectors .... They just dont wanna DE-PIN man !!!! Me n my friend was annoyed as hell ... Out of nowhere my friend got an idea of cutting the wires and splicing em and connecting them to the pins that wont wanna come out First I didnt want him to do it .. but after 3 hrs of consequent failures .. I just made the dumbest mistake of my life !!! .... After cutting the wires and starting the rewiring process .. We learnt that we were 4 pins short ... which were in the BLUE CONNECTOR ... stuck in those spots which shud be EMPTY AHHHHH .... nehow ... My Brilliant friend who gave me the idea of splicing wires .. came up wid another one ... Lets go to my place (half hr drive) and I have a cluster off of a 03 ALTIMA ... im sure the pins are gonna be same .. its a useless cluster .. so we will just break the connector and take the pins out .. I clearly had no choice and it was 9:30 by that time ... Spent an hour came back ... opened up the Altima harness and guess waht .... Nissans harness went .... EVEN ANGRIE at my friend I made the final decison ... since were splicing everything up ... SPLICE THE FREAKING BLUE CONNECTOR and get those 4 freaking pins that dont wanna come out !!! ...

They did come out finally and by 11:30 we were all done with the rewiring process ... CHECKED all the wire colors were in the exact spot accroding to ANDYMANS DIY CHART ... everything was perfectly done .. we shoved back the cluster .. put the cover back on ... connected the -ive of the battery ... and then it was like THE LORD HAD OPENED A WINDOW OF HEAVEN IN MY CIVICS COCKPIT

ALL OF A SUDDEN ... I obsereved a CRACK in HEAVENS WINDOW ... Freaking Ebay seller told me the mileage on the cluster was 18k or 21k .. TURNS OUT .. its 76k+

Ok I have 4 problems to be precise now... CLUSTER SWAP EXPERTS .. please help me here ..

1) THE ABS YELLOW light is On and i cant find a way to turn it off.

2) MY temprature gauge is stuck below C and its not moving at all .. surprisingly the gas guage is perfectly accurate.

3) Another big surprise is ... THE RPM WORKS ... but my SPEEDOMETRE isnt working

4) Last but not least !!! ... THE E-BRAKE light wont turn off

Ahhhh ... With even these 4 problems... Im still glad that a jerk like me and my friend atleast got the cluster BACK IN the car SAFE N SOUND ... I mean . after 3 hrs i wasnt even sure whats next and at a point was close to putting up the old cluster BACK IN

Heres some pics guys .. please do reply to help me with the 4 questions i have .. and once again .. THANKS 01 HONDERCIVIC ... Thank a lot bro !!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0336.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	70754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0321.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	70755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0324.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	70756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0325.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	70757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0327.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	70758  

Old 04-28-2007

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Honder, what the hell are we doing online at 10pm on a friday. lets meet up in portland and get some chicks damnit!
Dude, I'm comin' to Portland the weekend of May 12th. Perhaps we can arrange some type of meet. It's my fiance's birthday, but I'm sure while she goes out and visits with her sister I can sneak away for a while

BTW I'm getting some custom paint mixed up tomorrow morning to paint my wheels. YESSSSS!!!!! It's going to be bronze-ish color, exact shade TBD

Mani, the only thing I can tell ya is to check, check, and re-check the wire connectors. Make sure you got them in the right spot, and also make sure the spliced wires are actually together and didn't separate when you put the cluster back in. Did you find the diagrams on my DIY thread? I've still got them on my computer if you need them

Last edited by 01HonderCivic; 04-28-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-28-2007
Banned

Dude, I'm comin' to Portland the weekend of May 12th. Perhaps we can arrange some type of meet. It's my fiance's birthday, but I'm sure while she goes out and visits with her sister I can sneak away for a while

BTW I'm getting some custom paint mixed up tomorrow morning to paint my wheels. YESSSSS!!!!! It's going to be bronze-ish color, exact shade TBD

Mani, the only thing I can tell ya is to check, check, and re-check the wire connectors. Make sure you got them in the right spot, and also make sure the spliced wires are actually together and didn't separate when you put the cluster back in. Did you find the diagrams on my DIY thread? I've still got them on my computer if you need them
oH PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME sIR... I just wana confirm that there the right diagrams i had ....

One more thing .. Theres 1 wire from the VP cluster whcih is left out .. The WHITE/RED one from the GREEN CONNECTOR... its left out ... and there 2 wires which the EX cluster asks for but the VP doesnt have em ... The BLUE YELLOW and the BLUE RED .. I didnt have them in the VP so i left the space BLANK in the EX cluster ... ne clue what they cud be ?
Old 04-28-2007

Here's the pinouts...

GREEN Connector:

Blue: From ECM/PCM, Tach input signal
White/Red: Constant 12 v +
Yellow: Switched 12V+
Blue/White: From ECM/PCM And VSS input signal
Yellow/Black: From fuel level sending unit
White/Green: From multiplex control unit
Black: Ground
Pink: (Canada Vehicles only) Washer fluid level switch
White/Blue: (Canada Vehicles only) DRL Control unit
Black/Yellow: Security control unit
Blue/Yellow: Cruise control unit
Pink/Blue: OPDS unit (Side airbags)

BLUE Connector:

Black: Ground
green/orange: From ECM/PCM
Blue/Red: From ABS Control unit
Pink: From SRS unit
Red/Black: Supplies 12V+ for dash backlights
Red: Supplies switched ground for dash lights
Green/Red: Left turn signal indicator
Green/Yellow: Right turn signal indicator
Red/Blue: Combination light switch
Blue/Orange: Immobilizer control unit
Red/Yellow: From no 15 fuse under hood
White/Red: From no 9 fuse under hood
Yellow/Red: From oil pres switch

Good news! They're for Cruise Control & ABS, both of which your car doesn't have. So you're still good on that front...Just need to figure out wiring issues. I went into detail in the PM I just sent ya.
Old 04-28-2007
Banned

Yeah but still my ABS light is ON :-S even though i never put ne wire in that slot . LOL ....

btw which ones for the temprature guage ? im guessing WHITE /RED ? Multiplex ? what the heck is that lol
Old 04-28-2007

Number 8 & Number 15 fuses are from "Backup" and "L headlight" respectively, as from my picture of the fuse diagram I took a while ago for someone on this site.

Oh yeah, brainfart. Since you don't have ABS, The cluster is expecting an imput. That's why that is on. Don't know of a solution other then taking the cluster apart and covering up the spot...
Old 04-28-2007
Banned

Hmm ok ... I just realised this morning that im missing some more lights too ...

I need to confirm this with other EX members ..

1) is there a OPEN DOOR indicating light ???
2) Is there a Low Gas indicating orange light ???
3) I dont see the BATTERY and OIL light up too :-(
Old 04-29-2007
Banned

still need help please
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

1. i dont think theres a open door light never checked for it
2. there is a low gas orange/yellow light
3. these lights are there as well

your gauges suck haha
Old 05-05-2007
Banned

Watever !!! I just asked for help ... BTW im selling another one .. neone interested ?

Old 05-05-2007

Looks good man. I'm almost half tempted to pick up a coupe cluster just to see how it goes with my car....Still love my Sedan one though