8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Best bang for my buck on a battery for an '08?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joegeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Best bang for my buck on a battery for an '08?

Left my light on for 15 min now battery won't crank. Never been replaced so I need on anyway

My car sits for 3 days unstarted a lot due to job and travel so not sure this matters but thought I'd mention it

Thoughts on what to get?

I'm in Ohio
Old 10-04-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best bang for my buck on a battery for an '08?

A battery with a good warranty will be good for you.
Old 10-04-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I thought all batteries in NA were made by Johnson controls....get the cheapest one you can find.
Old 10-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What battery did you buy the last time you posted about it?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ries-junk.html

Did it give you any trouble up to this point that you left the lights on?
(Don't do that!)

Have you charged the dead battery and had it tested? It may still be ok after charging.
Old 10-05-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stock 99
I thought all batteries in NA were made by Johnson controls....get the cheapest one you can find.
JC does make them. You are paying for the warranty which is cheaper to buy a longer warranty battery then replace a lower warranty battery more often.
Old 10-05-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I feel you. I thought battery warranties were pro rated though. I don't find a stock Civic demands very much from a battery either. I've been running a $30 junkyard battery in mine for a couple years now and it's still going strong.

I don't know batteries are something I just can't be bothered to spend money on.... I'm not sure that I've ever bought a brand new one.
Old 10-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Figuring labor fees to change a battery under the pro-rate system might negate any long term savings if you can DIY replace a cheaper unit.

Do the math, and show your work LOL
Old 10-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

im not a believer of spending big money on a battery, the only only exception would be if you had alot of aftermarket accessories or huge stereo system,

i normally buy the cheapest battery i can find with a decent warranty, my current battery is 6 years old and still going strong, even in -40 winters