8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2010 HID Headlight !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duxiaoxp is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 2010 HID Headlight !!!

Guys,
I'm really new here. So no laugh.
I got a 2010 couple weeks ago and I'm planning to change the headlights to HID blue or white. Anyone can tell me if i can just change the bulbs without messing up with the electronic system? or i have to change the whole kit? Since if only bulbs are okay i can do it myself....
Many thanks!!!
Old 05-02-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2010 HID Headlight !!!

for the love of god, please do not make your headlights blue.
Old 05-02-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you need the entire hid conversion kit with bulbs, ballasts, and all electronics and new wiring. which is all illegal btw and low quality from china.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

ilovejdmtoy is an unknown quantity at this point

you will need the complete HID Conversion Kit. Nowaday, almost all HID Kits are simply plug and play, it will not mess up your ele system at all.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

michaelross is an unknown quantity at this point

All you have to worry about other than the headlight assembly kit is the cops. They are illegal in some areas.

Last edited by michaelross; 07-19-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

VTECvvhore is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you get your HID kit, mount the ballast to the frame under the headlight with zip ties because they get hot. Good idea is to take off the front bumper so its easier to access the little areas you need to see. I have a blueish/ white light in mine that my friend and i installed, and it works awesomely. Its worth the hour or so of fiddling to get them in.
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

awerner9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 2010 HID Headlight !!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
... which is all illegal btw and low quality from china.
I realize I'm all kinds of a noob around here... but I have to say, they are definitely not illegal here in Az.... and I kind of doubt that non-colorized HID's would be illegal anywhere as they come std. on more and more cars every year... (I think the purple, blue, green crap should be/stay show-use only anyhow, as they have little to no useful lumen output anyways...)

Plus, I am actually looking for a non-cheap / chinese set-up for my 09 cpe. right now. I was hoping to get a set for the high beams and low beams. My question is:

How would that work out with the DRL's??? I'm assuming that would have to be disabled somehow??? (...as I'm pretty sure the DRL's are partially-on H. Beams)

Does anyone know anything about this DRL vs. HID issue?
Old 10-02-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hid kits are illegal in every state, which involves putting aftermarket hid bulb in a halogen housing. hid from the factory is perfectly legal because they have the proper optics and beam pattern. there is no such thing as a quality hid kit because no reputable lighting companies make them anymore after the ban. if you can still find it, CATZ of Japan makes the best quality kit using oem lighting components. you need a kit that uses the same size bulb that you have in halogen. i think 9006 low and 9005 hi but im not sure. as for drl, it wont work if you put hid in the hi beam. you will have to pull the drl fuses to disable it.

http://store.candlepower.com/trabhidki.html

Last edited by gearbox; 10-02-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

Dylanrose is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking to do the same thing with my 07 si and was wondering if i bought the whole housing for projector lights will i need a lb and hb conversion kit ?