General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Camber Plates

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Camber Plates

has any one found a Camber plate kit, other then Ground control? (Ground control says that their camber plate kit only works with their coilovers.)
Dont go telling me just to get a camber bolt ect.... I need a Camber Plate to stay in the class of racing I do.

Thanks! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
No one makes a camber plate. You're gonna have to get a cam bolt for your front camber because that's all thats out there. Go with SPC. When I got my springs/camber kit installed, they said the cam bolts adjust the camber back out the bare minimum. They also said because of how our suspension is designed it'd be harder to make one for our cars. So there you go.
Old 01-07-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I would, But I autocross, and the class I run in STS only allows Strut Type suspensions to have Camber plates. If I got camber bolts for the Front end I would have to go in to another class like HSP where I would get my *** handed to me. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-08-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to dig this up again, but why start another topic?

I am also looking for upper camber plates.

Does anyone have any?

I have the camber bolts, but that's too clumbsy. I want the upper plates so that I can tune the settings before and after every race, and be able to easily set/reset the settings.

thanks!
Old 12-08-2003
Autocross Junky

Ground control makes a set, but they claim it only works with their coil-over kit.
Old 12-08-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Jic and Tein have them integrated into the coilovers. I believe Hotchkis has come out with a set for the RSX. I can't see any reason why you couldn't use those. Check around the JDM houses... Spoon, Mugen, Cusco, Jic, J's Racing, etc... someone has to have come out with DC5 or EP3 Camber plates by now.
Old 12-08-2003
Autocross Junky

Heres the Hotchiss one I'd like to konw if you could fit the Neuspeed Strut bar with it.

I'll keep looking around.
Old 12-09-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bi...gno=30404-704P

I emailed hotchkis and asked if the strut tower brace will fit with the kit.

I'm sure that with some macguyvering, it will work. It looks like you can replace the bolts that hold in the plate, which means you could extend them, and put the bar ontop of the kit.

that's in theory. but in theory, communism works.

I'll checkout spoon, mugen, etc in a jiffy.

thanks for the tips, guys!
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
supposedly a place out here in chicago makes a camber kit i dont know if its a plate but its only like 50 bux and its fuilly adjustable ... i dont know i need it bad ill let yall know when i get it
Old 12-09-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
OK... just look at the price of the plates, then think about your $50 solution. You really think they're the same thing? A camber plate is not a camber kit. They are not the same thing. One is designed to be adjustable easily (the plate) and the other is just a crash bolt that you set and leave (the kit).
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

xmeeksx is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the hayame full setup coilover has a camber plate..i could be wrong but do a search on it
Old 12-09-2003
Autocross Junky

Found Directions for the camber plates its a PDF...

tekgnosis, it doesnt look like your Idea will work, the studs are welded to the mounting collar.

However, it looks like there are a set of spacers so the top mount will clear that lip on the strut tower. So.... If you shave off that lip you may be able to forgo the use of the spacers and save your self a good 1/4-1/2 inch. that may give you enough bolt and hood clearance to fit the strut bar.

Old 12-10-2003
Ask me about your mom.

I talked to the guys at hocthkis, and they gauranteed me that the strutbar will fit with their kit.

they are also looking for some test monkeys in their area, so if any of you are around them, give them a shout!

alas, I live way way WAY up north, and can't get there

thanks for the info, fellas. useful as always!

cheers
Old 12-10-2003
Registered!!

jdmb16ahatch is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh im sure itll all fit the only bar id question would be the mugen bar cause it looks like it sits really high but i have the dc5 spoon bar with the tein flex coilovers with camber plate and they work fine EP3 coilovers BTW
Old 12-10-2003
Autocross Junky

Hmm..... I was just thinking, I'm really interested in the KW V3 suspension, and KW offers an upper mount as an option. I wonder if you could use These camber plates instead..... Then I could get some MAJOR negitive camber....
Old 12-10-2003
Registered!!

UnOrthodox9546 is an unknown quantity at this point
so the camber kit and camber plate pretty much does the same thing except the campber plate is easier to adjust ???
Old 12-10-2003
Autocross Junky

its easier to adjust and also replaces the upper mount with a better one, either Polyurithane or a spherical bearing.
Old 12-10-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
i don't think you can use the Neuspeed upper strut bar with that. I am not even sure I can use it with mine on the JIC's. those look pretty cool though.