General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

? about hose for injen sri

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srfdog88 is an unknown quantity at this point
? about hose for injen sri

I installed the sri about a year ago and never installed the longer of the two red hoses that were given. i do not have the instructions anymore so i ws wondering where this goes. The reason i am asking is becasue i think it goes to the hose that crosses over the top of the intake that is not marked for fuel.. This hose that is not the fuel hose touches my intake and has burned flat on one side but has not broken though yet. Please help.
Old 12-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The long red hose is the breather for the crankcase vent. Look on the back side of the top of the engine, you'll see a barb for a hose, then connect it to the hole on the front of the intake that is probably open right now.
Old 12-10-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
I have injen SRI....I have wore many holes in that hose.....I just cut my hose shorter.......then wraped the part that touches my intake w/ red elect. tape......works great
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-10-2002
Registered!!

GhettoCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
- I don't think the longer hose is for the breather... thats the short red hose... I think the long hose is for that hose that goes on top of the intake... mine is touching, but I haven't bother to check it lately, and I never installed that red hose. What is that hose on top of the intake for? What happens if it breaks through? Engine fire? Should I go change it to the red hose now? ahhh[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
these hoses are for air to get into the engine hence INTAKE you should have these put on asap for better performance. you prolly wont notice performance diff. but it will help out alil.

IINJEN
Old 12-10-2002
Registered!!

srfdog88 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes it is the longer hose not the shorter one. I have the shorter one already connected. So if i remove the stock longer one it will be ok? This is not a fuel hose right? This hose does not connect to the intake but it conects over the intake. Thanks for the replys
Old 12-10-2002
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: injencivic
these hoses are for air to get into the engine hence INTAKE you should have these put on asap for better performance. you prolly wont notice performance diff. but it will help out alil.

IINJEN[hr]

Actually, ever since I installed a breather filter and took the hose off that goes from the crankcase to intake, the intake stays cooler
Old 12-10-2002
00 Hatchback Owner

Gryphin is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: LJ

IINJEN[hr]

Actually, ever since I installed a breather filter and took the hose off that goes from the crankcase to intake, the intake stays cooler[hr]
but does your engine stay cooler, because if your intake is cold then its not being used as well as it should lol
Old 12-10-2002
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Gryphin
[hr]Originally posted by: LJ

IINJEN[hr]

Actually, ever since I installed a breather filter and took the hose off that goes from the crankcase to intake, the intake stays cooler[hr]
but does your engine stay cooler, because if your intake is cold then its not being used as well as it should lol[hr]

WTF are you babbling about? Crankcase blows off hot air into intake, making air coming into engine hotter, hot air = less dense = sluggish feeling. Breather filter- crankcase gasses going into air, not into intake, intake only pulling in cool air, therefore, it staying more dense = less sluggish