General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Ultra Start/Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fr0stBite is an unknown quantity at this point
Ultra Start/Alarm

Anyone ever hear of this remote start/alarm system? I'm getting a car alarm with Remote Start installed probably near christmas time and the local shop wants me to go with Ultra Start over Clifford. The price is basically the same and the Ultra pretty much all the same features as the Clifford. I just seem to find any reviews on this Ultra Start/Alarm system. They told me that Clifford's Wireless Immobilizer that I want breaks down and causes your car uses until it gets fix. (And apparently they've had this happen numerous times)

Thanks,

Fr0stBite
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
as a installer most of the time there is a problem with product its installer error... i would putmoney on the fact that the alarm has issues cause they are friggin morons ... clifford alarms are decent alarms they are made by DEI just as avital and viper ( sidewinder, python, black widow, your valet, etc) I have honestly seen one remote start that was defective and it wasnt installer error it was the brain on the unit .. go with the clifford, if you wanna test my theory - go to a circuit city primarily all the installers will choose and fight to install DEI's stuff over the new audiovox alarms we got there... ask them to put a audio vox alarm remote start in , or call them and ask them .. its cause its new product we dont like them we have been on Dei for soooo long changing is difficul t.. but sorry i rambled go somewhere else .. they are dumbasses...
Old 11-08-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
I posted the other day about the Ultra Start. I'm looking to get it around christmas. Search on google... there are a bunch of forums and stuff to read through on what people think about it.
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

JDM1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went with Code Alarm on my 97 prelude i loved it. It was easy to install, but I also worked at a shop and had access to all the tools I needed. But DEI isnt a bad product, your gonna need an imobilizer bypass and I think DEI is the only company that makes them (i could be wrong) and with code its got so many options well so do DEI products, Oh ya i thought clifford was bought out, they used to be a good company but that was like 5 years ago so. I know this didnt help you much.
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

Fr0stBite is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmmm, just took a trip to my regular car audio dealer and turns out that is the brand he deals with aswell. =)

Ya Clifford is now owned by DEI. So I thinks I'm gunna go with the UltraStart chatted with a guy online who has one and has no major probs as of yet only complaint he has is with the 4500 that has 2-way communication the batteries on the remote die fast.

Thanks.