General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

De-badging my EX coupe.. use dental floss?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
De-badging my EX coupe.. use dental floss?

I live in a busy area with alot of punks roaming the streets, I want to de-badge my Civic before someone takes a screwdriver to my emblems. I heard that you can just peel them off or use dental floss? Anyone out there have a preferred method? Many thanks..

Old 11-04-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Hair dryer and dental floss will work on everything but the 'H' which is pegged in.
Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Ahh thanks.. appreciate it. About the pegged in 'H' you mean in the front, rear or both? Thanks again.
Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Boilermaker1
Hair dryer and dental floss will work on everything but the 'H' which is pegged in.[hr]
that is right, but if your afraid of punks ripping of your emblems, then if i were you id be more worried about the 'H' then the 'Civic" because the 'H' is what they prefer to have, and like Boilermaker said the 'H' is pegged in, but you can still remove it the same way, but there will be to tiny holes behind it. b ut if u dont want two tiny holes and a nice deep scratch from the screwdriver then i suggest you take it off, or possibly have your trunk re painted and shave the emblems, thats what i did...

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] smaller2.jpg (36 Kb)
Old 11-04-2002
The Standard One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
dental floss works but then your left with the adhesive on the car. its much easier if you use a blow dryer and try to peel the badge as a whole.
Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

Gotcha thanks. Now I need to decide if I should remove it and leave the holes(dont have money to get it filled and re-painted) or just leave it. I'm leaning towards removing it and dealing with the two tiny holes. Maybe I'll put some silicone in there.. ack. Thanks man for the reply.