General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

OEM headlight MELTED

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002
OsOBaNNeD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM headlight MELTED

OK HERES THE DEAL... I HAVE ALL THE FACTORY BULBS IN .. EXCEPT FOR MY HEADLIGHT BULBS... MY PARKING LIGHT... on the LEFT side... MELTED TO THE ROOF OF THE HEADLIGHT ITSELF... WHAT DO I DO? It melted and now i'm screwed.... grrrrrrrrrrrrr..
Old 10-25-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
so everything is stock except for the headlights? what kind of headlights are you using? i'd say swap them and take it in for warranty.
Old 10-25-2002
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Put all your stocks back in and go see dealer for warranty...
Old 10-25-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
it's most likely due to your headlight bulbs. OEM spec is 55/60 watts and i bet you were using 90/100s
Old 10-25-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
lol.
all i can say is that i melted my headlight when i was clearing em. i put them in the oven too long.
now i own sexy projectors.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-25-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i'm using 80 and my wires and headlights are all fine..
Old 10-25-2002
Registered!!

DarkCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been using Xenon plasma 110/95 with my stock headlights for over a year and they are fine.
Old 10-25-2002
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
It's not a headlight problem...It's a warranty issue...
Put the stocks in and tell them "I don't know what happened to it, can you order new ones?"...

try to get both covered under warranty so you don't have to go back for the other one later...
Old 10-25-2002
Registered!!

my2k1vic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FALKEN
Put the stocks in and tell them "I don't know what happened to it, can you order new ones?"...

try to get both covered under warranty so you don't have to go back for the other one later...[hr]
you might want to put the amber reflecter in to, dealer might say its your fault because you opened them up and took the reflecter out.
Old 10-25-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: my2k1vic
[hr]Originally posted by: FALKEN

try to get both covered under warranty so you don't have to go back for the other one later...[hr]
you might want to put the amber reflecter in to, dealer might say its your fault because you opened them up and took the reflecter out.[hr]
They will not touch it if it's cleared because it's considered modified. I wanted my dealer to help me get my signal bulb because it fell out of the socket and into the wedge of the signal bulb area. Because the headlight was cleared, they would have to "void" my warranty to get it. It would be best if not required to put your headlights back stock IF it's still possible.

Unless you just wanna buy new headlights, which retail for $220 each with tax. Look around here. Someone might be getting projectors and willing to sell their stock headlights or projectors if you planned on getting some in the future. It would be a cheaper route if you have to replace your headlight(s).

I've never ever heard of a bulb melting the actually headlight - only frying the wiring harness.
Old 10-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Good timing...in marketplace now...only $100.

Link
Old 10-25-2002
Registered!!

TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
i think one of my headlights is turning brownish, like it's cooking the inside of the headlight[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-26-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: TYPE7RS
i think one of my headlights is turning brownish, like it's cooking the inside of the headlight[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
Be a little more detailed. Is that with the headlight turned on or off? Do you have aftermarket bulbs or an HID setup?
Old 10-26-2002
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
ok.. i took the headlight off today ... and inspected that ****... well turns out that i had the same or similar looking bulb in the parking light, as the TURNSIGNAL ... well. turns out that the bulbs were too big.... and they melted the wall.. lol... its still good tho cause its inside the light around the connector so u really cant see it from the headlight... I replaced them with uhm 186's i think or 194 dont remember... i was in a hurry at pep boys .. but i replaced it and its fine... but not as bright[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] it really sucks now tho cause i used to drive with my parking lights on and my OEM fogs ... they usually light the whole road up... DAMN... what can be done to get the parking and turnsignal bulbs brighter????[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-26-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
make sure to put the right bulbs in the right sockets [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] cause i used 90/100w's for like 7 months, and they didn't do a thing to my housings.
Old 10-24-2003
Registered!!

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
hey dragoon, did you have any harness problems. I am getting H1 100W for my projectors.
Old 10-24-2003
Registered!!

ferio is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD
ok.. i took the headlight off today ... and inspected that ****... well turns out that i had the same or similar looking bulb in the parking light, as the TURNSIGNAL ... well. turns out that the bulbs were too big.... and they melted the wall.. lol... its still good tho cause its inside the light around the connector so u really cant see it from the headlight... I replaced them with uhm 186's i think or 194 dont remember... i was in a hurry at pep boys .. but i replaced it and its fine... but not as bright[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] it really sucks now tho cause i used to drive with my parking lights on and my OEM fogs ... they usually light the whole road up... DAMN... what can be done to get the parking and turnsignal bulbs brighter????[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
that's what happend in my headlight(parklight area actually).. my bulby were too big and i thought they were cool.. not knowing that they are melting the top part.. when i saw this i just bought a stock size(but amber buld).. it matches the signal lights too!.. oh well, i thought i was the only one... but how come the area in your headlight melted also?