General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

door poppers: where did you put the solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
door poppers: where did you put the solenoid?

furthermore, how did you attatch the cable to the latch assembly? I am running out of ideas, tomorrow Im going to get a pair of hose clamps and try that, im basically out of ideas at this point.

I mounted my solenoids to that metal piece grey was on the rag about awhile ago [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] but im not sure if the hose clamp will do it, I have a hodge podge kit, very incomplete, so its basically all "rigged" from scratch to get workingI have extra pieces, missing pieces, parts I dont know what they do, no instructions, very not self explanitory.

so if any here have checked out teh kits and know whats up, plz let me know, you can expect me to be in here tomorow night and very pissed off if the hose clamps dont work and the throw isnt long enuff to pop the door, etc.

also: this isnt a big problem for me because of my box, but the poppers are HUGE! there is NO way the poppers i have would fit behind a stock rear quarter panel, im wondering if there are slim ones that ppl here run, or if everyone gets to suffer, or how do ppl normally deal with the actuall popper itself.
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a simple trunk popper kit on mine. its inexpensive, and gets the job done...most of the time. however, i wouldnt recommend using a kit that isnt even complete. every so often, my clamp which attaches the solenoid cable to the popper, comes loose and the door doesnt pop open, so my recommendation is to either get a complete TRUNK popper kit, or go and fork out the actual bucks for the REAL AutoLoc door popper kit. as far as attaching the solenoid, i stuck mine on the inner panel, on the inside of the door. there is very lil space to place solenoids on our cars, so make sure u pick a wise spot. also, make sure u put it somewhere which it will not be a problem for either your interior panel, your window, etc...
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
i just found out my problem is far worse than i thought, but at least i figured out the problem i asked about above.

as for a trunk popper, i replaced my trunk latch with one from a 2000 accord EX, its a direct bolt on replacement, and has an integrated solenoid, so no hacking or modification was required. and only costs $35 dealer direct.
Old 09-07-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Direct bolt on? Good deal. Wait, so it already has the solenoid built in? Then all you need is to wire it up to the power and to your alarm, right?
Old 09-07-2002
Registered!!

Zaskar2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
That would be so nice if that is all u have to do. Any one know for sure?
Old 09-07-2002
Registered!!

i do know for sure, its what is in my car righ tnow.