General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

injen cai rd...automatic

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bake is an unknown quantity at this point
injen cai rd...automatic

first did you install it yourself or let someone else do it , where does the bracket on the second pipe go, did you have to take off your bumper or tire, did you have to cut out a whole for the pipe, did you put the filter on after you stuck the pipe through the hole
Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Ready the instructions. Its very easy to do and yes u have to take off ur front bumper and no u dont have to take off ur wheel its all in the instructions.
Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i did it myself with a friend.

second pipe mounts on lower bracket, it shows it in the instructions
cut out a 3 inch hole in your fenderwall to let the pipe go through to the front of your car
and put the filter on after you have mounted on all the way and cut a hole in the wall.

But thats just me considering i know everything about injen pretty much!! Hence the member name!!!
Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
I put mine on w/o taking off the bumper or cutting a hole. If you go this route, you have to remove the wheel. It is much easier if you just take the bumper off.
Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: InanimateCarbonRod
I put mine on w/o taking off the bumper or cutting a hole. If you go this route, you have to remove the wheel. It is much easier if you just take the bumper off. [hr]
not true, you dont have to remove the wheel or take off bumper!!! to avoid taking off wheel just simply turn it!!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

bake is an unknown quantity at this point
the instructions i thought were kinda crappy and then the black and white pics didn't help to much ......i had the battery and tray out and i had the pipe in there like it was supposed to go but i still didn't see where the bracket goes.....guess ill leave it for the weekend

did anybody else have a problem with closing the hood i thought i had the pipe down all the way but it still didn't close
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: injencivic
[hr]Originally posted by: InanimateCarbonRod
I put mine on w/o taking off the bumper or cutting a hole. If you go this route, you have to remove the wheel. It is much easier if you just take the bumper off. [hr]
not true, you dont have to remove the wheel or take off bumper!!! to avoid taking off wheel just simply turn it!!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]

Ah, well I needed an excuse to try out my new torque wrench anyways. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

edit: No hood closing problems here. Maybe the pipe isn't seated all the way down on the throttle body?
The lower pipe mount is inside the fenderwell. You have to replace the screw holding all the ground wires with the vibramount. Then the lower pipe bolts to the vibramount.
and yea, those black and white pics in the instructions blow. They must've used a 20 year old copymachine to make those.
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
injen civic should write a diy with pics on this subject
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Wanger
injen civic should write a diy with pics on this subject [hr]
i would but i dont have a camera lol

my b-day is coming up so maybe i should get that for my b-day!! oh wait i am gettin some projectors!!! lol