General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

where to locate singel guage? single pic.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
where to locate singel guage? single pic.....

got this going on:

alright, teh temp gauge is going (i dont use it anymore, if you want it PM me) too much space for a single guage!

need to put it somewhere else. i put it in the dash cause i didnt want it in a gauge pod on teh A pillar. i use my drink holders, both of them, cant go in there. i want to be able to see it, so the glove box or trunk or under the hood or wherever is out. and to fit it in the center console next to my deck would require me to completely refinish that panel over again, which i really really dont wanna do. i think i remmeber someone saying they put a gauge in the vent, i use those too.....

what does that leave for locations? singel 2" gauge.....
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DcatStylee is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not next to the other two guages? It would be worth it to refinish that panel... I think it looks kinda strange and incomplete now without the 3rd guage to fill up that space.
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
you dont understand. im getting rid of the right guage and just running a single guage, the one on the left. i was originally gonna run 3 gauges, now im only going to run one.
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
would you be able to place your gauge in the change holder or remove the change holder and replace it with the gauge like you have done on the head unit?
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Check my ride. Great location for the gauge. Sorry I dont know how to link to it. just search for my username.
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

STang57 is an unknown quantity at this point
correct me if im wrong but someone makes a pod where you can relocate it to the top of your steering column...i dont know if its a universal fit or whatever but my friend has it in his '96 integra...he installed a boost guage there and it seems to be the same size as yours...he does not have a digicam and neither do i, but if i can get ahold of my friend i'd be glad to take a pic for you to see...

BTW...nice WhiteRabbit (Playboy) symbol on your A/C button...also, are you riding without a deck? i thought you might of relocated it to the lower map holder but i dont see anything, unless you installed it elsewhere...i searched for your ride and nothing showed up so thats y im asking...
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

first off, id like to thank you all for your responses.

already said i didnt wanna use the vent. never thought if teh change tray tho! thats a very good idea, and i would definitely have used that if i didnt use it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

the steering column idea has promise tho...... i dont like the idea of it being there, but ill check it out for sure, who knows? might work out really nicely!
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Im pritty sure that the 97 prelude? A pillar guage pod works on our cars? Im not quite sure if it was a 97 but i know it was from prelude. Just pop those suckers in there do u can have it right on ur pillar so you dont have to look so far.