General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

I don't understand hyperblinker

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
symmetry is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't understand hyperblinker

Why do people want the hyperblinker? I'm not trying to flame, I just want to understand. It looks like a bulb is bad or you have a shorted ground (causes same effect right?)
Old 06-24-2002
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Its just something different from everyone else's but now everyone has them. I bet if making your lights blinking slower than normal was 'in' then everyone would have it.
I somehow relate blinking speed to how a person drives...kind of how music effects your driving. If you listen to slow jams most likely you'll drive along with the beat; slow. If your listening to techno then you tend to drive faster than normal. I think its all in your head!!!
BTW, I made mine 2x faster because I like how the superwhite turn signal bulbs light up everything on the side of the road
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Old 06-24-2002
Registered!!

ph0ng is an unknown quantity at this point
just one of those stupid things people do to "customize" their car.
Just like putting on stickers... Nobody is being sponsered by AEM or Neuspeed, but it gives that race car look to it.

So as the same with the hyperblinker... Fast blinker means you can't stand slow things. Plus it's different and bugs the **** out of normal people, esp. domestic/mopar lovers. Some even say it's safer than a slow blinker. You ever see those damn blinkers that turn on once a second, or slower?!

Just my 2¢
Old 06-24-2002
Registered!!

symmetry is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: ph0ng
Plus it's different and bugs the **** out of normal people, esp. domestic/mopar lovers. Some even say it's safer than a slow blinker. You ever see those damn blinkers that turn on once a second, or slower?![hr]

oh the once a second domestic/mopar cars. lol
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-24-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
I just changed out my rear turn signals with LED lights and *poof* I have a hyperblinker. I was wondering, is there any way to fix this, or do I have to live with it forever? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-24-2002
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
where do you look to disable that BS? i think the freak i bought my hatch from only did the right blinker and i want to bring it back to normal again.
Old 06-25-2002
Registered!!

Bryn is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]I just changed out my rear turn signals with LED lights and *poof* I have a hyperblinker. I was wondering, is there any way to fix this, or do I have to live with it forever? [hr]
Because the resistance of LED bulbs is lower than regular bulbs, your blinkers are going to blink faster. You could INCREASE the resistance of your blinker relay, by putting another resistor in series, but that would be pretty hard (follow phong's DIY). You could also take of the factory resistor, and put a larger resistance one on. Both of these options involve soldering in a VERY small area, so I'd just deal with it. Not to mention, you are safer when driving on the highway. Good luck.

-BRYN
Old 06-25-2002
Registered!!

Bryn is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]where do you look to disable that BS? i think the freak i bought my hatch from only did the right blinker and i want to bring it back to normal again. [hr]
dober - It isn't possible to do it to one side and not the other because they use the same blinking relay. It is most like a blown/bad buld. Check that out!