General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Compustar Alarms question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assasin is an unknown quantity at this point
Compustar Alarms question

hey the new compustar alarms with the 1.25 mile radius do they come with 2 pagers or just one what if u lose it? and wat are some pimp features it comes with?
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

Toretto is an unknown quantity at this point
dont no, but im getting that **** that has the remote start
i got someone who can bypass for a 5 speed...

3rd gear sux
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

Swifty is an unknown quantity at this point
Compustar alarms come with ONE remote, if you loose the remote you buy another one, as far as "pimp" features the compustar has 2 way paging so you know if someone is ******* with your ride, and remote start, thats it for features, as far as security goes it's not good at all, but use this alarm with an immobilizer and you have pretty good security.

and TORETTO why have someone "bypass" a remote start alarm when you can buy ones that are standard safe???
Old 05-29-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont get CompuStar. I've heard all bad things about them. Go DEI.

-Kre
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I disagree! What kind of bad things are you guys talking about? And what do you mean the security isnt good? remember an alarm is only as good as the install! I got mine installed at 5-star in chicago and mine has worked perfectly since the day I got it which is almost a year. I have the remote start hooked up to my manual, it has a safety feature that only lets it remote start with the car in neutral and the e-brake on. I think this is the best alarm out there. You guys are smoking crack if you don't like it. The best part is if someone tries to brake in I can go outside with a bat and beat the crap out of them. I have tested it a lot and the alarm can be very sensitve if you know how to adjust it!

Old 05-29-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
I forget what forum it was, but some dude that had worked years with alarms said CompuStar alarms are easy to bypass. I've been to an alarm dealer that has said the same. I dont have any specifics though. You may have had good luck with the alarm so far (which is a good thing of course) but if you had the choice of something with even 1 or 2 bad reviews vs something with nothing but good reviews, what would you choose to protect your baby? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

-Kre
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

Swifty is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I disagree! What kind of bad things are you guys talking about? And what do you mean the security isnt good? remember an alarm is only as good as the install! I got mine installed at 5-star in chicago and mine has worked perfectly since the day I got it which is almost a year. I have the remote start hooked up to my manual, it has a safety feature that only lets it remote start with the car in neutral and the e-brake on. I think this is the best alarm out there. You guys are smoking crack if you don't like it. The best part is if someone tries to brake in I can go outside with a bat and beat the crap out of them. I have tested it a lot and the alarm can be very sensitve if you know how to adjust it! >>

Well youre allowed to have an opinion, and unfortunatly the only one smoking crack here is you.....I wont tell anyone here how to bypass a compustar alarm but everyone who has one knows it, if you take the time to think about it....Other than the 2 way paging the compustar is very relaxed in the security department, so it really is a very expensive remote start alarm, There are many brands out there that do the RF 2 way paging that have much better security and features for the same price.....and as far as being the best alarm out there you obviously have not done your research on the other brands out there and their features, but like I said we are all allowed to have an opinion.....but in no way is any of this knocking the quality of the compustar, they have approimatly the same failure rate as any of the other quality brands out there.......so in short do your research before you buy an alarm, just because the guy behind the counter says its the best alarm out there, you have to ask can he back up his statement?
Old 05-30-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never heard anything bad about Compustar...that is the reason my 2k1 has one, and have not had a problem with it. I agree, you are the only one smoking crack here!