General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Stock Airbox?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock Airbox?

Okay, i've got a question...

first off our Stock airbox has two parts right?

and i've heard sumthing about removing the airbox will give you louder sound... does that mean that it'd act similar to a Short Ram Intake? cause you've got you air filter intact just missing the first part of the stock intake...

And if it does would it harm the engine if you drove without the first part of the stock airintake?
Old 04-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, one muffles the sound and the other filters. The first one that muffles the sound is called the resignator. And yes you can take it out. I have mine out and i love the way it sounds. Im getting an intake soon but I took it out one day when i was bored and its been left out scence. No it dose not harm your engine or anything like that. Some people say you lose some low end torque and gain high end hp and this and that. I just like the sound.
Old 04-22-2002
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Heh. . May look a little odd. . But I don't think it helps you gain anything.. .The intake is the intake.. Especially on our cars. . with the opening on the top of the engine there isn't much you can do to help it. . It just makes it sound different. . You may gain 1/2 HP to maybe 2 HP by adding CAI or SRI. . But nothing you will feel. . Heck. . DC Sports added their entire system Headers Intake and Exhaust to our cars. Tested it and only gained 5 HP. . So . . Don't expect much other than sound...