General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

cx brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
cx brake upgrade

i know brake swaps have been covered to death but I had a quick question that I have not been able to find an answer to.

i dont want to swap out the steering knuckles. Can I just get EX rotors and put them on my cx hubs and get the ex caliper and bracket?
Old 09-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: cx brake upgrade

no you have two options 1. get the steering knuckles or 2. find some one that has the super duper uber rare mounting brackets so you can run the gsr brake caliper (same as ex and 01-05 vic). They are so hard to find it's ridiculous you'd have an easier time looking for an abandoned R34 skyline in some used car lot

the problem is the spacing on 2 tabs on the knuckle for where the oem mounting bracket that holds the caliper bolts to the ones for your car, are a lot closer together than the ones for the ex and the ex ones are place further out.

I wish I had a easier solution for you and I am actually at some point going to start making those brackets but right the moment I do not have a milling machine to make one and I am in the process of buying a house after that is done I will be searching for a milling machine and I already have a car for prototyping that bracket but I will probably not pop up til spring