General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

fan switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
miked6960 is an unknown quantity at this point
fan switch

I noticed today that in my 2005 Civic EX, with the fan switch in the off position, there is a small amount of air flowing through the vents. I checked it by turning the heat control **** up , with the fann still in the off position, and a small amount of hot air was flowing. I would think that off means no air flow,is this a common problem? I don't remember ever experiencing it with other Hondas.
Old 05-10-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: fan switch

Are you driving on the highway when it happens? Mine does the same thing if the car is moving faster than a certain speed, and I think it's normal. But I mean it's a small amount of air, I can only feel it if my hand is directly in front of the vent.
Old 05-11-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the intake vents are in front of the car, near the windshield wipers. so when the car moves, air will flow thru the vents and into the car on its own, even with the blower turned off. its mainly done so that you get fresh air coming in the car. but if it bothers you, press the recirculation button on the dash which only blows air from inside the car. if the fan switch is off in this mode, air should not come out the vent.

i think its a good feature tho. on the highway i dont even need to waste power running the blower. air comes thru on its own
Old 05-11-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^I agree I like it, especially since the option to shut it off is there, if you know how to do it
Old 05-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
miked6960 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks to all for the reply. I tried pushing the recirculate switch and it does block flow with the switch off. This switch obviously is designed t leak a little air when turned off, because of everyone who has replied that theirs does the same thing. Now I have to find something else to worry about. Thanks again.