General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Motor swap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hippyhandler is an unknown quantity at this point
Motor swap!!!

ok so i drive a 99 civic ex and i have some questions about a swap ive found some really beat up preludes with good motors in them can i swap my motor to those motors i currently have a D16Y8 and the preludes iv found is a H23A VTEC and the other is a DOHC VTEC H22A1 and will they bolt up tp my tranny because both the preludes are auto and im all about the stick, iv done tons of research and came up empty handed thanks for reading and please reply if you have any insight these deals on the preludes wont last long THNKS!!!!
Old 12-31-2009
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about
Re: Motor swap!!!

well usually beat up cars have beat up motors. as far as swap yes it can be done and no you cant use your trans swaps aint cheap so dont be cheap about it
Old 12-31-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Motor swap!!!

i agree with " beat up cars have beat up motors". and you obviously didnt do enough research if you thought you could hook up your tranny to an h22. your car is 10 years old and so are the motors, there are tons of information on the web about 10 year old things... http://hondaswap.com/ for all your swap questions/answers. and do the h22. dont even touch h23s. you need the whole engine/tranny/ecu, mounts for h22 into your 99civic (hasport.com), a set of axles that fit your h22 and civic, clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder. those are just the main things you need, there are going to be so much more small things that you need to finish the swap.

Last edited by civicsrcool; 12-31-2009 at 10:40 PM.