General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

99 Civic LX block heater?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom99civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 99 Civic LX block heater?????

Hey all. New to the forum here. It is snowing here and cold and the wife and I just bought a 99 civic LX and I wanted to know where I can get a block heater for it? We have had other cars that when they got too cold would not start for crap.. So I do not want to go through that again. Any help would be appreciated in finding a kit for my car and instructions how to install it. I will hunt through the site more but I see they are mostly stock on newer cars.
Old 12-09-2009
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about
Re: 99 Civic LX block heater?????

i always thought they were dealr installed options but what do i know i live in southern california seriously though im sure any auto parts store in your area would have em or can order them. There prolly common enough where you live. as far as the install it shouldn't be too hard seein as how you just secure it then plug it into the wall
Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

LOLOLOL just secure it an plug it in huh? Come up to Michigan and show me how to do that. Ohhhh you mean tear into my motor with tools and install the new part and then once I run the wire to a good place I can plug it in?
Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

So far the dealer here said they dont have them and cannot get them,, auto zone is a no go and Advance auto the same.. Not looking good thus far! BUT THE NEW HONDAS MOSTLY ALL COME WITH THEM... WTF?
Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

Ok finally found the place that can get them for anyone, performance Automotive can get them. Give em a call with your make model info and they will get one!
Old 12-09-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

check handaaccessories.com too they are a honda dealer. its a pain to install, you have to basically do a coolant drain, then replace the engine block drain bolt with the heater plug, then tie the harness and put the ac plug where you want out of the way but still reachable to plug to an extension cord. i know what you mean about the cold, my car almost didnt start today either it was 0F outside.