General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

d15 to d16 engine swap NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revelance is an unknown quantity at this point
d15 to d16 engine swap NEED HELP!

Ok guys so what im dealing with here is im goin from dual port fuel injection to multi port fuel injection..the dual port came with no ecu or anything..you know the usual carburetor..now im trying to figure out how to install that ecu for the mpfi without have to pull every single wire under the dash as well...ALSO the wiring harness clips between the 2 cars are vastly different...the engine is coming out of a 93 honda civic ex i believe it is...going into a 91 civic DX please if anyone has any usefull information..let me know!!
Old 11-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: d15 to d16 engine swap NEED HELP!

Unless you can track down a wire harness to mate the connector from your car to the new ecu pins, your going to have to repin the connectors on the new ecu with the wires in your car.

If you havent repinned a connector before, its pretty simple one you get the hang of it. I use a paper clip, but there is a special repinning tool that can be purchased for a few bucks- harborfreight probably has it.
Old 11-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revelance is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: d15 to d16 engine swap NEED HELP!

ok ive decided to say screw the ECU and swap the intakes out to make the engine a dpfi for the time being...im still working it out but i think it will allow me to use my old wiring harness and all woot woot BTW anywhere i can look for a good priced upgrade for a crankshaft the shaft in this one is shot...it spun the harmonic balancer LoL so im thinkin of trying to do some upgrades while i have it torn down...id love to hear about some cheap paths i can take...anything under 100 bucks..