General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Need some ecu info for a swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01EXGUY will become famous soon enough
Need some ecu info for a swap

ok, my neighbor has a 92 accord, i know this is a civic forum, but he really needs some help and i couldnt answer his question cause ive never dealt with ecu's much. So i thought id ask you guys cause somebody has to know. anyways its a 92 accord that had a f22 NON-vtec in it to start with, well he blew his motor and ordered another f22 but this one is a vtec...sohc. the engine code on the new motor is f22b1. now i know SOMETHING will have to be done with his non vtec ecu right? so it can run the vtec in the new motor? will this require a complete ecu swap or what? thanks for any info
Old 09-27-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need some ecu info for a swap

he needs an EX vtec ecu for starters, then the vtec solenoid needs to be wired from engine to ecu so the vtec works. the old oem harness will not have the vtec wire already installed. some people use a VAFC from apexi to control the vtec and tuning instead of a new ecu, but this is not a reliable solution and requires dyno tuning. easiest way is find a used EX ecu. then you need to check the wire diagrams and see which wires you need to add.