General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

RPM's Rev in 2nd & 3rd but moves slow

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amamilinda is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb RPM's Rev in 2nd & 3rd but moves slow

I just sold my 1992 Honda Civic Last night and the kid who bought it told me the there was something wrong with the car that he would put the car from 2nd to 3rd gear and the RPMS would rev high but the car would barely move. However, that same night I took the car out for two hours on the highway and I had no problems with it at all. Some one please help thank you.

Last edited by Amamilinda; 09-17-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RPM's Rev in 2nd & 3rd but moves slow

sounds like a worn out clutch to me. knowing that he is a 'kid' the reason why it was slipping on him is probably because he thinks his civic is a race car and was shifting gears like F&F. you can still drive on bad clutches as long as you dont push it. my guess is that he was smashing it and it started to slip on him. not double clutching like he should, he might blow the welds on his intake...
Old 09-17-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Re: RPM's Rev in 2nd & 3rd but moves slow

^ wurd.

Funny story because I can floor my gas pedal all day and nothing happens.